PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Online for Free...

LA_MERC_Onji
April 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
they began the 'World Tour open beta program' today.
and its free to play until its official launch on April 24th

http://www.lotro.com/worldtour/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Turbine-Email

Daedelus
April 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
thanks for the find ONJI been waitting for this or Conan to coem out i got all registered and DL'ing the game now. any one else interested in playing ? maybe we could get on the same server Etc.

Daedelus
April 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM
well iam having a hell of a time getting this down loaded. i tryed the full down load from the world tour down load it was huge like 3.9 gigs or 3960 mb right it took like 8 hours. then i get in and have huge errors where the down load was corrupt.and i didnt what to down load the whole thing over again so i found in there technical support FAQ where you can down load sections of the big down load one at a time but there are 10 sections. so i got ride of a few and re-down loaded by sections and tryed installing it again but still getting errors. so now i am systematically down loadeing each section and re-trying the installer to see if i got a good down load.
Ill let you know how it goes, any one else having problems with down loading this??
also any ideas on how i speed up my down load speed. iam at like 152 KB/sec. slow not sure why,so i took today off to do this while the neighbors are at work. iam on a shared T-1 line.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==