PDA

View Full Version : Hurray for Arenaball!

Big_ch33se
March 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Tonight is the season Home-opener for the Voodoo Arena football team! I have my season tickets so I will be there. Great to still have football goin on durin the spring time. I know its not NFL football, but it still rox. Go Voodoo!!!

Big_ch33se
March 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Well, the game was very interesting. We took a nice lead into halftime but the other team stormed back in the 3rd quarter. We retook the lead in the final minutes and held them off inside our 5 yard line for the win with 10 secs left. Refs are still suckin with understanding the rulez, but it is still very fun to watch. Final score was 55-48 I think.

LA_MERC_Spark
March 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Damn it....I shoulda got tickets :(

Big_ch33se
March 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah you boon. Its almost always fun. The team is always in the game til the last 30 secs atleast. Its like the perfect mix of football and basketball.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
You guys do realize that I played arena football in 2001. I played for the Monroe team (Louisiana Bayou Beasts). I made the roster and was on the team. I was a TE. I was on the team for 2 days, LOL. Me and the star quarterback Glen got into a fight. I was kicked off the team. Serves them right though. The team went completely defeated that year (1 win and 13 loses) and was one of only a few years Mornoe had a team, LOL. See if they would have kept me we could have taken the trophy home. I hated the coach any way. He's the coach of the West Mornoe Rebels high school team. I know you LA guys have heard of the team and the coach. That was my 15 minutes of fame. I was on the local news for rumbling with the star quarterback who played at Neville under that same coach. Coach Don Shows (A.K.A ASSHAT)

P.S. The Monroe team (Lousiana Bayou Bandits) was in the NIFL, National Indoor Football League. Basically a minor league to the AFL. Also notable was that coach shows only coached like the first 7 games going 0 and 7 before being replaced by coach John Fourcade who carried the team to a dismal 1 and 6 finishing the team at 1-13. But I can still say I played Pro Ball and thats all that matters, LOL.

Big_ch33se
March 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
lmao @ andy. Joo boon! You could be mackin da hoes! Thats pretty cool though. Wish I coulda had an experience like that.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==