PDA

View Full Version : Server down?

bighead
June 6th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Was just curious if the server is down. I see on the status page it comes up as being timed out.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
June 6th, 2002, 12:20 PM
yes....and our sysadmin has taken a look at it and it's not lookin purty either....

LA_MERC_Onji
June 6th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Restarted the server this morning and it never came back up, some filesystem error. Scott at bayou has ran a quick scan on it and came up with no errors, he's running a full scan now thats going to take a good while, probably thru the night. When the scan finishes tommorow we'll know if we have to do a format or not...

LA_MERC_Sniper
June 6th, 2002, 03:17 PM
doh:( :( :( :eek: i want to :shoot :sig: some peeps lol oh well I guess I'll have to be patient.:D
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor

cd
June 6th, 2002, 08:06 PM
If a format takes place we'd lose maps right? Can we have the list smaller like 20 maps or something? 38 is too many considering the fact that only a handful of those maps really "bring" people into server.

LA_MERC_Avatar
June 6th, 2002, 08:10 PM
yeah most likely there will be a smaller map pack if that happens...

LA_MERC_Onji
June 6th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Just got this email from the 58th clan, i just wanted you guys to see. This is a very nice gesture from them. I'm glad there are still some nice folks out there.

--------------------------------
Hey this is blanic from the 58th, we frequent your server and really like you guys, so with that, we have a private server that we use, it is passworded, but if your clan needs a place to hang out and practice togehter or anything while your server is down, please feel free to use our server. If you are interested let me know and ill email you the IP and password. Again thanks for allowing everyone to use your server, its really a good one, and your clan is great to play with.
Blanic 58th Infantry
--------------------------------

LA_MERC_darkprowess
June 6th, 2002, 10:14 PM
heheh as long as its fast so i dont lag toooooo bad that'd be cool

bighead
June 6th, 2002, 10:19 PM
wow that's great..i never had too much problem from blanic...it's usually blackanddecker or man..can't think of the other's one name..BAH! oh well like perm said, maybe they have their act together now

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 6th, 2002, 10:53 PM
That is awesome, but I think I'm the Merc that blanic hates more than Big Brother lol

LA_MERC_Onji
June 7th, 2002, 08:38 AM
we're back up woo!! no reformating necessary. There was a stupid line in the bootup we had to remove, its all good now.

LA_MERC_Avatar
June 7th, 2002, 09:19 AM
the servers are still showing timed out?

LA_MERC_Onji
June 7th, 2002, 09:21 AM
im messing with the configs shh

bighead
June 7th, 2002, 09:25 AM
great job guys and thx again. Thank god we had a match tonight or i might have went through CS withdrawals hehe.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 7th, 2002, 10:03 AM
whenever someone can, i need you to connect to the merc server and tell me if statsme is working ok, thanks.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==