PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about these games...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 23rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Well, I've owned source for some time now, and there were always these games that showed up in steam that said not installed...well, I was feeling froggy tonight and I installed everything that was there that wasn't previously installed (i guess I owned them all by default for owning HL, CS and HL2)...

Anyway - what can y'all tell me 'bout these games - anything here that might be worth playing? all I've played so far is CS, CS:source, HL and HL2...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 24th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Day of Defeat - good game. sort of like CS set in WWII. graphics are a little better than CS1.6, but not as good as DOD:S. If you struggle to keep a winning score in CS, you will not do well in DOD. it's a lot tougher than CS

deathmatch classic - fun game for about an hour. run around and kill everyone.

(I'm going to assume that you've played through HL and HL2. If not, slap yourself then go play through them. it takes about 40 hours of game play to complete HL and it's well worth it. HL2 is only about 10-12 hours, but it's awesome as well....except for the last 30 seconds - that was a let down)

HL2 deathmatch - same as above, but with the HL2 graphics and weapons (including the grav gun) you havent lived till you killed someone with a toilet and the icon pops up (similar to the headshot icon, but with a toilet to the head)

HL2 Lost coast - small expansion for HL2

HL blueshift - was a stand alone expansion for the original HL. You play as Barney the security gaurd. You get an M-16 in this one instead of the SMG's in HL and OpFor. this version has updated graphics and physics. the first version kind of sucked and was very short. haven't played the updated version yet. doubt I ever will.

OpFor - great expansion for the original HL. You play as one of the marines at black mesa trying to capture Gordon Freeman. weapons are great, game is decent length, etc. would recommend playing this one if you haven't yet.

Ricochet - LOL what a fun game....for about 20 minutes. best way to describe it is Tron in deathmatch. you jump from platform to platform throwing disc at others to knock them off. was developed in a day by a bored programmer at Valve, they played it around the office to kill time, liked it so much they decided to release it for free. never really caught on here, but the germans seamed to like it alot.

TFC - well, surely you played TFC. I'm pretty sure it's been around longer than CS. it's kind of cartoonish, and there's a crap load of classes for each side, but it was the original CTF game (yes, before quake) and has inspired so many games since. you should load this up atleast once to see what it's about and check out history. afterall valve is supposed to release TF2 pretty soon.

LA_MERC_Maverick
January 24th, 2007, 09:16 AM
(I'm going to assume that you've played through HL and HL2. If not, slap yourself then go play through them. )

LMAO! Well said CO.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==