PDA

View Full Version : welcome to the SEC

LA_MERC_Spark
January 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
When will the sports world wake up and realize that the SEC IS college football.... It's sad really, but just wait... do you think they will stand up and speak the truth now? pfft... hellz no... they will say the only reason it happened is because of the 50 days off and USC will be preseason #1. I know there's still an entire half of football left, but I've been saying this would happen from the begining. ALL OF YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO SEC!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Florida has been playing well but the Ohio St. penalties and turnovers are the reason it's so lopsided right now. I expected a good game that would be pretty close. I guess we'll see what the halftime adjustments are.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I am amazed at how Florida's defense is destroying OSU. I am also surprised UF is able to move the ball so well. I still see Tebow as a waterhead.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
To hell with that X. There making mistakes because they're finally playing a good team. Chomp'em gators. SEC Ownz! Get'em gators!

LA_MERC_Spark
January 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM
lol! Like most teams.... ohio st. hasn't faced REAL competition.. What? Michigan? LOL! HANDLED by USC... another team that gets WAY to much credit for playing in a weak arse conference. Teaxs? Sorry, but texas lost Vince young before the season. oh yeah...they beat the vaunted Iowa Hawkeyes.....(I KNOW LSU LOST TO THEM ON A LAST SECOND HAIL MARY but still... they suck) Bottom line is letting the AP decide who belongs where is retarded. The only thing that puts these paper champions out there is the fact that they DON'T have to play in the SEC.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
The heisman trophy winner shouldn't be making mistakes on the OSU offense. 2 for 8 in the first half is just sad. They should take away his trophy.. haha

LA_MERC_goose
January 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
OMG! End of the third quarter and Florida is kicking ass and isn't even worried about names! As bad as it hurts me to say this

GO GATORS!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Its funny how they keep replaying the opening kickoff TD return by ohio and there are 2 different FL players with their jerseys being held from behind....but it was only briefly mentioned by 1 announcer (and he probably got punched off camera and motioned to shut up)

florida wasn't even trying hard in the 2nd half. letting Tebow play quite a bit and calling a lot of running plays to eat the clock. they could have scored 2-3 more TD's if they wanted. would have too if Spurier was still there.

Wonder what this will do in the final standings. Since Mich. lost big and OSU lost big.... wonder if LSU will bump to #2 since they pounded ND?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 8th, 2007, 10:53 PM
And rightly so LSU should be number 2. I doubt it though. USC will probably get ot for some wierd crap even though they lost to shietznat teams and LSU lost to power houses. LONG LIVE THE SEC!

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 9th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Same score as LSU-ND game... and a complete blowout

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 9th, 2007, 06:03 AM
If you thought it would be a blowout your crazy. I think Florida played a great game and did everything they had to do to win. But as I said earlier penalties and turnovers are crucial in any game. If you win that battle your going to win the game most of the time. The interception looked like a blown route or Smith didn't know the route, the ball was nowhere near the receiver. On the fumble Smith held the ball too long and let himself get sacked. Although Florida's DE's were very good last night, hell the whole D-line played well. But Florida started atleast 4 drives inside Ohio's territory, short field makes it that much easier. Ohio's theory of 3 and 4 man rush was their downfall on defense, plus that crappy zone they played. With zero pressure on Leak and the underneath route open all night long it was easy pickings.

I'm not an Ohio St. fan but they were a good team overall. Florida was well prepared, held the ball most of the game and didn't turn it over. Not to mention their defense totally pwned Ohio St.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Where were OSU's wide receivers? I know Ginn was hurt, but dang. Shouldn't the Heisman trophy winner be able to throw a pass farther than 15 yards? OSU's wide outs ran some crazy stupid routes. Everything to the sidelines it seemed. There was one play where Smith scrambled and the flanker to the right had been standing on the line of scrimmage until the scramble. wth Only when he scrambled did the wide out start to run... deep. wth Zero adjustements by OSu. They were getting pressured from the ends... let's see... draws? short crossing routes? nope. Let's keep dropping back and pass..er..get asacked. Florida played well, but the bottom line is that Tressel got outcoached... big time.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Big 10 Sucks! And I called the blow out long ago... It is the same shiot every year. Big 10 Pac 10 get props for playing weak schedules... bottom line is this... Ohio St. is 0 and 8 against the SEC in bowl games ZERO and EIGHT ... That means that they have NEVER WON A BOWL GAME AGAINST ANY SEC TEAM... end of story... :D

LA_MERC_johncst
January 9th, 2007, 07:51 AM
SEC speed kills

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 9th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Ohio didnt even get 100 yards of offense.... sucks to be them

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 9th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Congrats to the SEC, the worlds greatest football conference!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
The SEC may be Nat'l champs and should be #2, but I think a WAC team stole the show. Sorry boys.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Well, LSU took 3rd in AP and USA Today polls, BCS hasn't come out yet. ND fell to 17 / 19 LOL. 6 SEC teams finishing in the top 25. (3 are in the top 10) Does any other conference have half of its teams ranked?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 9th, 2007, 08:44 AM
No, but How many were undefeated?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 9th, 2007, 08:45 AM
.....and took on a school 3-times better they were supposed to be, and won.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 9th, 2007, 08:51 AM
rook.. your are not talking about Boise?
Boise State's Schedule:
08/31 Sac St W 45-0
09/07 Oregon St W 42-14
09/16 at Wyoming W 17-10
09/23 Hawaii W 41-34
09/30 at Utah W 36-3
10/07 La Tech W 55-14
10/15 at New Mexico St W 40-28
10/21 at Idaho W 42-26
11/01 Fresno St W 45-21
11/11 at San Jose St W 23-20
11/18 Utah St W 49-10
11/25 at Nevada W 38-7
01/01 vs #7 Oklahoma W 43-42

How many ranked teams did Boise play this season?

LA_MERC_goose
January 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Man, the WAC is just wacked.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 9th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah Boise state had a great win, but did anyone watch the game and notice how AWFUL OU's QB was? Boise State deserves all the accolades this year, but they would have gotten DESTROYED by Florida or LSU or USC. They lucked up with the Oklahoma draw. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 9th, 2007, 09:58 AM
All that matters is that they performed when they had to. I can say the same thing about Ohio States offense. Did you see how they performed. I think OU out performed Ohio State. All I am saying is the SEC is prolly the best conference in football yes. The way Ohio State played, Boise could have prolly took them also.

Oh No0ch, they beat the one ranked team that mattered. Everyone was on the same bandwagon as y'all. They have a weak schedule, but when it was time to put up or shut up. They put up.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 9th, 2007, 10:04 AM
That's the point though little buddy. Usually the SEC teams put each other out of competition because they play each other so much.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I was actually asking a question, not trying to make a point. (sorry Rook)
are there any other conferences that half their teams in the conference ranked in the top 25?

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
SEC is where it is at, but don't dis the Broncos, they can play, can you say how awesome a playoff would have been, imagine this week even though it would have been different, Fla va Boise and USC vs LSU for the right to play in the national championship.
it would have been awesome, but big props to FLA, their SEC defense was awesome, and the Gators can just be thankful that God loves the SEC and granted Leak a good performance, instead of his usual sporadic style. :p:

oh BTW Ohio State is still in a zone with the backers droping 20 yrds...good thing us southerners are stupid and will never throw a 10 yard drag...LMAO

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==