PDA

View Full Version : New C&C game

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Graphics look great, just hope game play is there. Westwood didn't do this one since the C&C franchise is now owned by EA.

check out a trailer from Tiberium Wars (http://funhouse.bubble.ro/324/Command___Conquer_3_Tiberium_Wars_trailer/)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'm with Berk on this one. The graphics look good but it all hinges on great balanced game play. I'm a huge C&C fan and haven't really likes a good RTS like I did since the red alert days. Sure the Others like LOTR and 40k have been good but nothing compares to the good ole days of C&C.

LA_MERC_Mercy
January 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
yes andy, those where the days...schooling people with the allied / soviet combo...

ahh yes...telsa coil rush :D

LA_MERC_Drax
January 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Bah, most of the C&C and red alert RTSs all had a common problem, super weapons too powerful. In my opinion, starcraft was and still is one of the most well balanced and rounded RTS ever created.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I am with Drax on this one.....starcraft was the shiznit, and always will be.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 3rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
bah, aoe for life yo :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 3rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Not really guys. Star Wars Battlegrounds is by far the most intensive and COMPLETELY balanced RTS game. To date I still have not seen an RTS to match its game play. Its one of the few that really took advantage of multiplayer capability with things like resource sharing with 4 different resources and the ability to aid each other with trade between space ports. If you haven't played it you can't even begin to understand what I'm saying. I'm a HUGE RTS lover and have played everyone just about imaginable from the original war craft to ones like every AOE, Star Craft, all the C&C's, LOTR, 40k, etc etc and SWBG is still king. But Red Alert was my favorite. I like realism with modern tanks and humvee's. The Tesla coils were a little much and yes Super Weapons were king but I still loved it. Engineer or Tanya rush was one of my favorite along with the Chrono shifting of a mobile conyard to setup base behind enemy lines pronto. You could get a barracks to complete build and in seconds chrono shift the con yard, deploy, deploy baracks and have engineers and tanya's running rampant in their base while you threw down pill box after pill box to destroy an enemy base, Anyone want to play. lol.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
battlegrounds was based off of the aoe engine, bam! hehe

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
battlegrounds was based off of the aoe engine, bam! hehe

Yes, and CS was based off of the half life engine but CS is still far superior to half life. BAM BAM Onjisan.

Just goes to show you that gameplay makes a huge difference.

Daedelus
January 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
wow looks great. i to have played all the RTS games out there. i i didnt really like the star wars battle grounds other that getting the imperial walkers. and i thought the graphics where a little cheap some times my all time favorite was star craft i think each race had totally diffrent play style and made you rethink your tactics each time. my biggest thing was thinking playing threw the campaign was oh yes the humans are far the best. then getting to the zerg adn thinking oh now the zerg are the best only to be supprissed that the 3rd race kicked but aswell. great job. i also like AOM. and the new company of heros alng with the 40k series is great aswell.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==