PDA

View Full Version : LA_MERC FFL FINAL FOUR.... (pt.1)

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 13th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Well here we are and the LA_MERC_ FFL league as reached the final four and today is the first of a two part series featuring an in-depth look at both semi-final match-ups.

Regular Season Champion Legion of Doom (coached by Wetz) hosts the Bayou Bengal’s coached by Drax.

LOD waltzed through the regular season turning in an impressive 12-1 campaign, “frankly I’m surprised we lost one game, Conda’s were brutal, we beat ourselves that week,” strong words from the LA_MERC FFL Coach of the Year Wetz. Meanwhile Drax fought tooth and nail to reach the playoffs with a 6-7 record. “We were mediocre for most of the first 8 weeks of the season, but our narrow win over the Conda’s in week 9 (131-128) really gave us a shot in the arm.” That win started a four game win streak that included back-to-back weeks scoring over 200 points. “ I think it showed the league we are capable of scoring a fu!!cking shi0t-load of points.” “We used some dudes-UP during that run, I mean we dropped 228 on Numbnuts and another 208 on the Bullfrogs, those freaks didn’t know what hit’em; we rocked.”

The two regular season games were won by LOD, “ well that’s the scary part of this weeks match-up, we’ve already whipped a$$ on these guys a couple of times, and we all know beating a team three time is asking a lot. But we want to be both the regular season and the playoff champions, so we can’t let the dirty Bungholes stand in our way.”

The running back tandem of LT and Stephan Jackson, backed up with Frank Gore, Julius Jones and Willis MacGhee, leads LOD. “Really it’s been the strength of our running game that’s led us all year, shi0t if this was a three back league we’d rule even more then we did.” The loss of Darrel Jackson at wideout hurts LOD this week, “Hasselbeck to Jackson has been effective combination for us, losing Jackson effects us at two positions, we’ll just have to overcome it” said Wetz.

The Bungles will have several favorable match-ups this week, including the league leading Ravens defense at home against the inept offense of the Cleveland Browns. “I look for huge points out of that game,” says Drax. “A birth in the Championship Game might come down to that match-up.” Both Quarterbacks are in potential shoot-out games and have good scoring combinations as well. Palmer and Johnson against Indy on Monday Night along with Bree’s and Henderson against the hapless Redskins. “ I like both of these combinations this week, Indy will try to score early and often, forcing Palmer to throw, and Brees has a shot at breaking Marino’s passing yards record, so they should be airing it out against Washington.” Add the fact that both of the Bayou Bengals QB’s will be playing indoors, in December is an added advantage. “ I always plan for the post season, so when I was building my roster I definitely considered playing conditions at playoff time, it was factor in our draft.”

However the one area of weakness in the Bunghole lineup is the running game. At press time the starters looked like Dillon and Rookie Joe Addai, this may prove to be their Achilles heel. “ If we can contain the Palmer to Johnson and Bree’s to Henderson combinations and force Dillon and Addai to beat us, we’ve got a good chance to win,” according to Wetz. “If either or both combination go ape-shi0t we’re toast and our season is over.” LOD counters the strong wideouts of the Bengals with Marvin Harrison, Terry Glenn, and Laveraneus Coles. “ We need a big game from all three to have real chance of winning,” said Wetz.

Potential Game of the Week here, as both teams have QB to Wideout combinations in play. Including LOD’S Romo to Glenn on the road at Atlanta on Saturday. The Monday night match-up will also be interesting, as two of the premier receivers will go head to head with a birth in the LA_MERC Championship Game likely on the line. “I think it will come down to who’s receiver will have the better game Monday night.” Said Drax. “Will Marvin Harrison out play Chad Johnson or vice-versa?” That’s where this game will be won or lost

LOD 177 Bayou Bengel’s 173 in a classic.

Friday, the other game. Which really won't matter as this is likely the Championship Game. :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
lol you underestimate the Black Jack's! Now we have something to put on our bulliten board!!!!

LA_MERC_Drax
December 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Awesome wetz, you just missed that the heel of my team has been the QBs, and mostly there Brees and his 500 yard games. I'm hoping for another one of those 200 point sho-lackings i've been putting up the last few games to turn the regular season champ into a regular chump. All i really need is for LT to have an off week then you're toast...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Well fortunately "off week" and LT don't ryhme. I think Palmer and Brees are really playing well right now and both will have big weeks, I just hope they don't throw it to Johnson and Henderson. Those Combo's and the Ravens D will be the difference in my opinion.

Thankfully the Chargers are playing the Chiefs, which is rivalry game for both. Factor in the fact SD and Marty can effectively end the Chiefs season with a victory, and are playing for home field through out the playoffs, I figure LT will get 25-35 touches and torch a fairly bad defense. Whichi is particulary bad on the road. Should be a good game between us, don't forget in week 13 I only beat you by 20 points or so and your squad had three goose-eggs.

I hope it comes down to our players on Monday night, that would be fun.

LA_MERC_Drax
December 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I hope it comes down to our players on Monday night, that would be fun.

Wow, i was expecting something like,

"B!tch im gonna throat punch the bungles"

But yea, a close game would be nice.

I actually put up for one of the pools out here on monday night, went to sleep and didn't watch the game cause i had to get up at 3 am for my relief, and somehow i won, I pulled the number 9 and was like o well, guess im donating to these guys. It was only 50 bucks of winnings, but hey, i got plenty of ones now :devil

LA_MERC_Drax
December 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Sittin frank gore, that proved to be a little mistake if jackson doesnt come up against oakland. Also glad that hasselback proved to be he usual lame self. And the kicker didn't get put 2 points, looks like a good start for me

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Sittin frank gore, that proved to be a little mistake if jackson doesnt come up against oakland. Also glad that hasselback proved to be he usual lame self. And the kicker didn't get put 2 points, looks like a good start for me

Yea, well it's hard to sit a guy against Oakland... Jackson should have a big game. I need Romo to Glenn 3 times tonight... It is a good start for you.

LA_MERC_Drax
December 17th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Well Glenn and Homo appeared to do average, same as the kicker. Barring no stellar performances by anyone and no slapd!ck efforts on my team, its looking like a real good start for me.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 17th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Opps, not a good game from Marshall Dillon or Drew "Berrymore" Brees. And the Baltimore D let Cleveland O Score. Coles has had a huge game for me, needed that one. My Miami D sucked. I need BIG days from Jackson and Tomlinson. Stay tuned sports fans.

LA_MERC_Drax
December 17th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I wish i woulda put in my Pitt D, thats ok about the cleveland O scoring, they got some turnovers which count for points. Brees did bumm out, so i falling back to my other quarterback/wide reciever combo for some mucho points. This one's gonna be a nail biter!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Looks like I'm heating up a little, Jackson now over a buck-twenty and two TD'S... Bring IT HOME BABY!!! Need 200 and 4 scores from LT!

LA_MERC_Drax
December 18th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Well there goes LT to save the day, i knew i shoulda payed that sniper to shoot him in the knee....

All my hope now falls in the arms of palmer/johnson connection, they do big things tonight, i have a chance.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 18th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Well there goes LT to save the day, i knew i shoulda payed that sniper to shoot him in the knee....

All my hope now falls in the arms of palmer/johnson connection, they do big things tonight, i have a chance.

You're down a 'hundy'!

LA_MERC_Drax
December 18th, 2006, 10:23 AM
yea, but a big night between ocho cinqo and palmer could generate nearly 70 points.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 18th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Going into Monday nights game...

Bayou Bengels 74
Legion of Doom 177

Bagels have 5 players in tonights tilt, Vinateri, Graham, Addai, Palmer and C.Johnson. Drax is trailing by 103 points. Wetz has Marvelous Marven Harrison, can LOD hold on?

·
WICKEDJESTERS 111
BlackJacks 90

Sabre trails by eleven, with Rudi Johnson as his only hope. Will Johnson deliver? Jester has Reggie Wayne, who gets the ball tonight from Peyton? Harrison or Wayne? A birth in next weeks championship game could rest on who Manning throws to! Stay tuned, both games are still up for grabs!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 18th, 2006, 10:59 PM
*cough* ...Blowout...*cough* lol...

LA_MERC_Drax
December 19th, 2006, 05:41 AM
*insert stream of cuss words here*, there i go again with a #(*%* offweek while you have your best week ever. ALL of my play makers did NOTHING. Watch, next week, they'll put up another 200 point week just to piss me off.

Congratulation Wetzny, you lucky #%)@(*%# bastage

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==