PDA

View Full Version : BF2142 Beta!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 25th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Dude, I just played the beta and it is cool! If you liked BF2 you will like 2142!

Who else has gotten in to the beta?

Tanks rock, weapons rock!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Not buying the 2142 until BF2 is working. Why feed the beast that takes a dump on us? Johncst said he spoke to you and you reported it's legit-ness, so....maybe.

I will save my name, however.

Wetz

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 26th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Okay well here is a bit of info for reserving names, pulled from EA's website:

Question
I am having difficulty reserving my nickname for Battlefield 2142.

Answer
If you are not able to reserve a nickname or are getting errors such as 'The screen name you have entered already exists in our database' and/or 'Please correct the error and try again', there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of reserving a nickname.

1. Make sure your nickname does not exceed 14 characters as this is the limit for the length of nicknames in Battlefield 2142. Do not include your clan tag in your reserved name (you can add this to your nickname once you are in the game) as this may push your nickname over the character limit.
2. You name must consist of alphanumeric characters.
3. The name you register cannot start with a number or symbol, it must be an alphabetic character.
4. You must have at least 4 characters.
5. Your name can only use underscores ( _ ) or dashes ( - ).
6. The name cannot start nor end with a space.
7. You cannot use doublespaces in the name.
8. If the web site is receiving high traffic, you may want to try again at a later time to ensure your request goes through.
9. If you have tried your nickname at different times without success, your nickname may have already been reserved by another character. You can reserve a different nickname and you will still receive your Veteran Status even if you nickname does not match your Battlefield 2 nickname.

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM
yeah d/l the beta and it is pretty sweet as skitz said it is just the next step of BF2 I see why they do not fix BF2...cause no one is working on it, alot of the issues are resolved in BF2142...lol the vehicles are sweet and the ground pounding is uber.

details and screenies to come

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I wanted to do teh beta but I'm not buying a fileplant account just to do a beta. Like wetz said. Enough money is enough money, I mean god damn its already cost me an arm and a leg to get the game, sf, ef, and armored fury. mother ****er what do they want my damn first born, **** THEM.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Well I of course hadn't played BF2 in a while so I don't really know what problems have arisen. I like the overall feel of 2142. The vehicles are a little touchy such as the hover tank. The main gun is fixed mounted so you have to turn the tank to turn the cannon. First time I piloted the troop transport I did a complete 180 off the Titan and crashed with a full crew. A little bit rusty I might say....

Oh well you guys will buy it when it comes out and you know it. :P

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM
yeah, I will, but it makes me feel good to biotch

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Well crap. I got fileplanet and qualified for teh Beta. Downloading the 1.16 GIG file now. See you guys on teh battle ground.

Chi_Townz
August 26th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Me too, but I might wait a few weeks for the free version.

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
you will not regret it as fileplanet ownz with the betas and d/l speeds

Biggs
August 27th, 2006, 08:27 PM
are there jets in this mofo?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Sort of, they are more like Helo's than anything. I was gunning for one guy and he had flying down pat. He was weaving in and out low to the ground so staying on target was pretty easy. It was almost like it use to be in the MEC chopper, just laying waste to everything!!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 31st, 2006, 02:36 PM
For those who don't know, there is a new version of the BF2142 Beta-Client. The old one will no longer work.

LA_MERC_Onji
September 8th, 2006, 12:30 PM
10,000 BF2142 Beta Keys released!!:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf2142/screening.aspx

You need a (free) gamespy id to get one.

I just picked up mine.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
September 8th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Nice!

LA_MERC_johncst
September 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM
2142 on preorder

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==