PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Online

LA_MERC_Spark
August 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Anyone Beta testing this? I am dl'ing the installer right now!

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I got in as well, I will be trying it out in the next couple of days

LA_MERC_Spark
August 7th, 2006, 07:26 PM
sweet! i dunno how it will work but look up Felwyn :)

LA_MERC_Drax
August 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I guess i didn't get in...bastages. O well, don't guess it'd be too fun to play from a 700 ping connection.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 8th, 2006, 06:25 AM
crap! i didnt get in either :(

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 8th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Loosas!!! :p:

I d/l the client last night I will try to hook it up tonight Spark.

LA_MERC_johncst
August 8th, 2006, 02:59 PM
what is it give us the scoop

LA_MERC_Spark
August 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
dunno...server isn't up yet, and today is my youngest sons B-day, so I may not get to test it all tonight

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 9th, 2006, 07:52 AM
PLayed some last night...it is pretty sweet, I would suggest that any WOW fan and any LOTR fan try this out when you can, if I here of more Beta slots I will let you know.

In summary the game offers 6 classes
most various Melee classes, plus a rogue type and a mageish type, I read somewhere where they did not want heavy magic, as only the most pwerful people in the middle earth arena could use magic..a.k. Gandolf
If you wanna think of it as a Barbarian, Paladin, fighter, ranger, rogue, and a caster/healer of some type.

The graphics are unreal....Imagine the open world of WOW..with good graphics..a.k. no toonish look, more realism.

EVERY thing about the game has the WOW feel to it, supposedly these developers were former Blizzard guys and have left to develop this...

I will post screenies as soon as I am able to figure out how...lol

In the opening sequences you are imprisoned and must escape, a NPC you meet starts a distraction, by lighting a building on fire...it burns and looks awesome...then you come up upon a ring lord, horse ****er...whatever their name is....it is awesome looking. I took a pic and will try to post a pic.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 9th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Yes...the game is pretty neat. I made an elf hunter. Skilled with a bow. The casting icons work just like WoW and are positioned at the bottom of the screen. The game is really smooth for alapha 2 test. A few glitches here and there. After you go through the intro part you enter the main game. Lag was pretty bad in Bree, but outside the town was smoother. I can't wait to jump back on again!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 9th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Oh ****, more crack. I'm not playing any more games that require monthly fees. That's bull****. BF2 guys. Get back on and KILL

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 10th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Spark I am Rhein

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==