PDA

View Full Version : Italy is the shiznit!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 10th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Italy won the World Cup. I would have to say that winning the World Cup is the most sought after championship possibly tied with Lord Stanely's Cup. The world will go on pause for this.

]200k

HENK
July 10th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Stanlys cup , lol right .speaking these two competitions out in one sentence will get you killed in some countries in the world.
it was great worldcup ,lots of beer ,lots of party ,great atmosphere and germany made 3 rd place .

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 10th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Is there a trophy for the World Cup? I didn't get a chance to watch the game yesterday....but I'm glad Italy won...it would have been better if Germany won though, 50% of my family is German.

btw.....every sport that I know of plays for a "title" or a ' world championship' of some sort....hockey is the only sport where they play for the right just to hold the trophy and get your name engraved on it.....winning the Cup has nothing to do with being a champion...it's all about getting your name on the Cup and holding it over your head for a brief moment after the series clincher!

Hockey, sadly is nowhere near as popular as soccer (futbol) in most countries.

C'mon 2006-07!!!!!!

Go Sabres!!!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM
If you saw the game you would know that France was playing way better than Italy and should have won twice in OT. Keeper made an awsome save on one and French nub just plain missed another shot. PK shots suck because you almost never save one, the guy misses a shot.

HENK
July 10th, 2006, 09:14 AM
sure there is throphy ,solid gold and locked away right after the final for the next 4 years .the winning team gets a copy since the original is priceless.i hope football will become more popular in the us .its a realy tough sport even though its considered "gay" by many .actually football players get injured a lot and i wanna see an american football player running for up to 120 minutes .the us has pretty good team ,but they saddly just don't have many fans .i actually meet a few american soccer fans over here and we had a blast .
the most important about the sport is the athmosphere ,party and the drinking .its unbelievable whats going on in the stadiums and public viewing areas.
all in all great world cup and good publicity for germany

HENK
July 10th, 2006, 09:16 AM
PK shots suck because you almost never save one, the guy misses a shot.

not true ,germany,s keeper saved two penalties against Argentina and the keeper from Portugal saved 3 against England.and true France should have won .no one over here really like the french but everyone wanted them to win,because the italiens play like *****s and behave like girls.they fall to the ground when you just come close to them ,real soccer fans hate stuff like that .also italy kicked out germany so we wanted them to lose .:D

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 10th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Germany gave the game to Italy. Germany had a much stronger team, but gave up in hte end. 2 goals in last 2 minutes of overtime is unexcusable. As far as the World Cup vs. Lord Stanley's cup....there really is no comparison. You get a piece of Lord Stanley's every year.....you have to keep winning to have the right to have the World Cup. I believe that soccer (futbol) is the only sport also that caused a temporary treaty while the world cup was going on. In essence, the world cup stopped a war. That is pretty cool.

To also put in perspective.....more fans watched this world cup, than will watch American Football, basketball, hockey, and baseball combined over the next year. Soccer is the World's Sport. It is the Ultimate bragging right for Four Years. Every country has four years to build a team for the next cup. Four years of anticipation.

Why will soccer never be really popular in the US? Henk, it is because we cannot implement TV timeouts, stupid half-time shows, or ghey commercials 45 times during the game. It just is not "marketable" without large corporate comercials every ten minutes. Bah.......

HENK
July 11th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Germany gave the game to Italy. Germany had a much stronger team, but gave up in hte end. 2 goals in last 2 minutes of overtime is unexcusable. As far as the World Cup vs. Lord Stanley's cup....there really is no comparison. You get a piece of Lord Stanley's every year.....you have to keep winning to have the right to have the World Cup. I believe that soccer (futbol) is the only sport also that caused a temporary treaty while the world cup was going on. In essence, the world cup stopped a war. That is pretty cool.

To also put in perspective.....more fans watched this world cup, than will watch American Football, basketball, hockey, and baseball combined over the next year. Soccer is the World's Sport. It is the Ultimate bragging right for Four Years. Every country has four years to build a team for the next cup. Four years of anticipation.

Why will soccer never be really popular in the US? Henk, it is because we cannot implement TV timeouts, stupid half-time shows, or ghey commercials 45 times during the game. It just is not "marketable" without large corporate comercials every ten minutes. Bah.......

yeah we lost ,but who cares .no one expected us to even make the semis .the 1 st goal was bad luck ,the 2nd one really didn't matter anymore they had to throw everything against italy .thats when they had easy game with the counter attack .
i think if it would be possible to create a similar atmosphere in a us stadium ,soccer would pick up very quickly in popularity .but thats a difficult task ,nearly impossible .but there are examples of countries were it worked ,like japan or south korea.
saddly the us is missing all the excitement and fun of teh world cup .

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 11th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Amen to that brotha!

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM
exitement? fun? and soccer in the same sentence???? what are you smokin German boy...lol

j/k.....

Soccer won't be popular here because there isn't much going on as far as 'end to end' action. Football, Baseball, Basketball and hockey (4 major sports in North America) are fast paced (might take baseball out of this conversation) and relatively high scoring. When hockey was a defensive oriented game, they lost alot of fans and could not entice new ones...now with an offensive atmosphere, you'll see hockey following rise in the coming years. Basketball is for the ghetto recently and is going downhill, Baseball is the same as always, and football is a monster.

Soccer cannot compete with US football, unless the hispanics take over the US...which isn't much of a stretch.

HENK
July 11th, 2006, 12:20 PM
you see the world cup is all about winning and it really isn't about winning at all .
we had hundrets of thousands of guests here for the world cup ,from all over the world .it was such a great party ,there is no comparison .
they counted more than 9 million people over 4 weeks on the so called fan mile in berlin were they had public viewing .and berlin was only one stadium of 8 in germany ,and in every other larger city it was similar .
i am still excited ,lol

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 12th, 2006, 06:44 AM
how many people fit into one stadium for a match? It seems like much more than stadiums in the US....

HENK
July 12th, 2006, 09:02 AM
how many people fit into one stadium for a match? It seems like much more than stadiums in the US....

thats different from stadium to stadium .the newer ones fit more than 65 000 people .not sure if that is really more or much more than in a us stadium.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2006, 09:49 AM
As info:

NFL stadiums range from 50K to 78K
College football stadiums go up to 100K+
baseball parks go up to around 65K
and of course basketball goes up to the high 20's
Hockey? um no reference there.

SweetGirL
July 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Is there a trophy for the World Cup?

I think the ice from the rink has frozen your brain cells, dude. lol

It's taken me a week now to calm down over the FIFA games. My fav teams to watch play (i.e. England, Australia, US, Brazil) all defeated...sad to watch England give such a suck arse last game - I'd expect that of the US, but not England lol. Since I'm French (not something I outwardly admit often rofl), I'm completely devastated that Zizou finished his career with such a black cloud to foreshadow him; great, GREAT player but c'mon - wtf?! He totally lost the cup for the French which will always be accompanied with his name - that's gotta suck - impatient, quick-tempered French. Sticks and stones though - too bad Zidane couldn't have remembered that while on the damn field. *pulls hair*

HENK
July 15th, 2006, 07:45 AM
lol
maybe we should show everyone what you are talking about :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5CYhNP8Fzs&search=zidane
forwar the video about 1 Minute .this happened in the final ,ten minutes left in overtime.

then watch this(some people have too much time ) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRcFxXvpvFk&mode=related&search=Zidane%202006%20worldcup

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
omg that's funny.....lol

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
ROFLMAO The street fighter!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==