PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Windows?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 26th, 2006, 08:05 AM
What is that, LOL. I recetnly re-installed my OS to Windows XP Pro SP2 (32bit). Now everytime I boot up it tells me I may not be runnning a genuine copy of Windows. HELLO!, I've never owned a legitimate copy of windows in my life, duh! If memory serves me correct either Toby or Darren has a trick to change something and make the copy genuine. Can you spell it out for me again. Thanks.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah...I have the same problem on one of my computers. The trick the Darren as does not work anymore and you have to download a crack to get it to disappear. So far most of the cracks that I have looked at appears to have a trojan bug attached to it though.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I will share with you my secret.... Ok... The bass turds have made it nearly impossible to update; however, there is a way. It isn't pretty, but it worked for me. I also saved all of the updates to my hd including sp2. All you have to do is dl the genuinecheck.exe and run it on a computer with a valid copy of window.... any version... then copy the code you get and enter it when you run the validation check on the bootleg copy. This will allow you to dl all the updates and service packs separately from there dl center. You still cant use update so you have to go through the entire list and get them one at a time, but it can be done. Like i said. I have most, if not all, of the security updates and critical patches including sp2 saved on disc. I'll be happy to give you one at the lan. If anyone else knows an easier way please do tell, but i haven't come across any yet

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I just disabled the validation add in in IE and turned automatic updates on... It keeps my comp up to date with no probs.

[lag]Zen
May 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
This should work, just use a crack to get rid of the message about it being geniune.

Then get all of your updates from this site, it doesn't have the validation check for it is geniune or not.

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

I used this method awhile ago on somebody else's pc and it worked fine.

I finally bit the bullet and all of my pc's at my house are legit, I just did it through promos over time, because i didn't want to pay full price.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 27th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I just disabled the validation add in in IE and turned automatic updates on... It keeps my comp up to date with no probs.

You cannot disable it anymore. or atleat it isn't possible on any of my new installs, and the javascript:void trick is broked too. All this happened a couple weeks ago when they rolled out new update validation bs.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 28th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Crap, does this mean I have to finally break down and buy windows. I've suceeded te 32 years of my life without ever having to buy an OS but it seems those days are going the way of the dodo bird.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 2nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
Click on the start menu and select run and type this:
%windir%\system32\wgatray.exe /u

Click on the start menu again and select run and type: regedit
Navigate to the following key and delete the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon

Reboot

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Toby's the man this time. My computer just downloaded another windows update and she's purring like a kitten. She not only doesn't say not genuine anymore but Darren tweaked my computer at the LAN and it boots up and runs so much better now. Thanks Darren and Toby. With IT like that I'll soon rule the world, Ah ha!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==