PDA

View Full Version : Router help

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
I seem to be having a problem setting up my router. I just switched from Charter to Bellsouth and I can't get a connection through my router now. I tried to change the internal ip, but I must be missing something. Any suggestions?

LA_MERC_Spark
May 22nd, 2006, 06:59 AM
You have to enter you name and password in the PPPoE setup.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 22nd, 2006, 07:04 AM
spark is right. Cable internet does not require a name/pass to be in your router. DSL does. Just go in the router, switch it to PPPOE, and put your bellsouth username (usually the full email address) and the pass.

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 22nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
Think I did that too.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 22nd, 2006, 08:13 AM
Just switch back to cable, that will fix the problem... :)

" Thank you for using YellowDog Support line, the bill will be in the mail"

LA_MERC_Spark
May 22nd, 2006, 08:13 AM
Carefully disconnect the router. Unplug the power. Take the router outside and smash the crap out of it. Get a new one.

Daedelus
May 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
HAve you tryed to call the company see if they have some one that can sort of trouble shoot the problem. the place i moved to i was supprissed a guy from the company called and walked me threw what to do on both computers and told me from his end when he was seeing the connection was good.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Reset your router back to factory defaults. Do not set any other options but the ones dealing with pppoe. Set the router to pppoe and fill in the username/password information only. Do not change any internal ip or other settings until you know for sure that your router is connecting. You can always go to the status page to make sure its connected, if not connected, there will be a connect button that you can use to try to force it to connect.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 22nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Don't the new modems have a built in type router with connection as a normal router & with DHCP? Don't you have to go in and disable it on one of the two? I know Andy had this problem.

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 22nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Just switch back to cable, that will fix the problem... :)

" Thank you for using YellowDog Support line, the bill will be in the mail"
lol.. I don't think Charter wants me as a customer anymore. I did the old "Charter modem in a Bellsouth box" return and I told the guy on the phone that Charter was stealing my money by charging me for 3m service and giving me less than 1m service.
Thanks for the help guys. I will try these things tonight when I get home.

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 22nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
ya got 2 choices 1-800-321-ADSL (BellSouth) or 1-800-1-Darren (Onji)
:p:
Oh and as I told ya Skitz is worth 1/2 a sh:t as well.
Really BellSouth has some good help people that can walk you through a linksys router, I am sure everyone can find a tard in a haystack (funny imagine :)) especially you, but generally they have helped me in the past

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Just wanted to thank Skits for helping me resolve this issue and putting up with my dumb ass last night. Thanks again man.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==