PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 20th, 2006, 06:20 PM
My wife and I are going to go watch this tonight. I will let everyone know what I think when done. I am going to borrow the book from a friend this week. Hopefully it is good. I could not imagine not with Hanks as a lead. We shall see.:)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 21st, 2006, 01:13 AM
This movie is the sheit. The actor who plays Silas does awesome. Hanks does great. Great movie.

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 21st, 2006, 09:30 AM
IO may have to go see it just to spite all the stoopid protesters that are standing in front of the theater here. Jeez man it is only a movie. Some people need to get a grip.

Biggs
May 21st, 2006, 09:57 AM
i passed in front of the citiplave movie theater in baton rouge and there were a boat load of people protesting.................they told me i was going to hell for blashpemy....i was like, but i still love the j10...what!

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
lmao @ biggs!!

LA_MERC_johncst
May 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM
He will go were he can have a j10

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
May 22nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
The movie was good, but I liked National Treasure more.
Yes I know, not the same, but as a movie in similar genres are concerned National Treasure was a better movie.
People who have read the book said they cut a lot of things out.
Can't wait till NT2 comes out.
Want to go see Poseidon in IMAX, that should be good.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
NT2? is that Ninja Turtles 2?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Naughty Twins 2 dUh!...........

LA_MERC_Temp
May 22nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
thought it was good, but thought national treasure was better. if u like NT, u will definetely like this one.

Biggs
May 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
i loved national treasure....i read the code and really wanna see it on screen despite all the mumbo jumbo.....

i cant wait for pirates of the carribean

i really cant wait for miami vice.....to bad don johnson aint in it

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 22nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
Don Johnson and Chuck Norris

JUNKY
May 23rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Well - the real conroversy was int he book - many of Hank's character's views were re-written to make him less controversial in the movie -- there were also major portions of the plot that were rewritten - some were understandable, but the ending was completely wrong, and for no reason that I could tell.

Paul Bettany was great as Silas though.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 24th, 2006, 09:42 AM
']Well - the real conroversy was int he book - many of Hank's character's views were re-written to make him less controversial in the movie -- there were also major portions of the plot that were rewritten - some were understandable, but the ending was completely wrong, and for no reason that I could tell.

Paul Bettany was great as Silas though.

Holy crap you still alive? I am going to start the book after this weekend. I am very intrested now. Also his new book Angels and Demons is the prequel to this book looks interesting. Good to see ya Junky.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
You know, I rememebr watching one of the various "de-bunking the da vinci code" shows on NGC or HIST and they had Dan Brown on the show. Weird thing was, he was defending the premise in the book as if he really believes it. I thought that was a little strange in light of the scholarly research done on both sides of the argument. Something just struck me as odd as he seemed a little overzealous in his interview. Anyhoo, sidebar over.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==