PDA

View Full Version : help with 5.1 sound system.

HENK
April 18th, 2006, 06:57 AM
ok i got me a 5.1 souround sound system for my pc .i knew that my notebook doesnt have 5.1 but i figured i could just use the sytem as a regular stereo system and buy an external sound card when money is there.
well ether i was wrong or i am doing something wrong .if i connect it to the headphone jack i only get the subwoofer and the left and right front speaker to work .the rear spaekers and the center speaker are just standing around like they don't have anything better to do .
the subwoofer has the 6 ,5.1 inputs as well as the regular aux stereo input ,and there is a button for switching between stereo or 5.1 .
how i said the front speakers and subwoofer work fine ,the connections are all checked ,i went into sytem controls and tried changing it around between different speaker setups but nothing gets them to work .there has got to be a way to have the rear speakers work like the front speakers ,right ????!!!!!!:eek:

HENK
April 18th, 2006, 07:27 AM
btw. i read in some forum that i have a PCM outpu on my lappy .
how can i tell which of the output it is(no clue how it looks) ,and what other option does that give me?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==