PDA

View Full Version : pny 6800gs problems

46&2
April 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Just wanted to know if any 1 else has had problems with PNY recently. My last 3 video cards have been PNY and I continued to buy their products because they have been good to me, but 3 weeks ago I saved up to buy a 6800 GS and have had nothing but problems since. The first card was giving me wierd graphical glitches like streched textures(ex. a 20 ft long sniper scope on BF2 or grass that was white and on Oblivion almost everything was streched, grass and walls that reached the sky! light posts that would strech across the street and the list goes on and on) Well on top of that after a week the damn thing just quit working all together, nothing but black screen when I would boot up. So I took it back thinking that I just got a faulty card, well to my surprise the new card did the same thing streched textures and last night it just quit working in the same fashion. All my drivers are up to date ( video, mb, dx ) and my old card works just fine but it lacks the umph to play games with hdr lighting. So I just wanted to know if any 1 had any recomendations as to what other manufacturers to use, I was looking at the same card made by MSI any comments? THX

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I had a PNY 5700, that up and died on me, black screen of death. I had it Waranted replaced and gave it to a friend of my B/C I upgraded. A couple of months later it did the same thing to him.

All I can say is, although PNY was easy to deal with getting waranty work done, and actually had a 800 number to call and speak with a real person. I will not buy another card from them.

Im using a 6800 Gigabyte card, its a nice card, and has been working just fine.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 17th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Well I have just upgraded to two Gigabyte 7900GTX cards. That's the good news. The bad news is I'm going through a bunch of crap with newegg on a PSU so I haven't been able to install them yet. I do have a Gigabyte 5900 card that I've had for a while now that my son is using and I have not had problems with it yet. Gigabyte for me has been a great brand.

46&2
April 19th, 2006, 12:04 AM
thx for the input i am going back to Fry's on Friday. they have a 30 day return policy on vid cards so I will see what they have

LA_MERC_Drifter
April 19th, 2006, 08:33 AM
XFX has been a great brand for me. I have had 4 dif models over the past few years and all four have worked flawlessly.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
yeah both my XFX 7800GTX's have performed great and stayed cool for me.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==