PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch UFC?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone watched UFC, I'm addicted now much much better than boxing or Muay Ti. Couple of good fights last night and since it's becoming more popular there are going to be big fights pretty much every month. Last night was the heavyweight title fight and it was an insane ending. If yall want to know who won hit me up, don't want to ruin it in case someone has it Tivo'ed or something.

Oh yeah and Happy Easter!

HENK
April 16th, 2006, 07:31 AM
i like it to ,but they really don't have good fighters on very often .i also don't like the fights where they get into the wrestling thing .i guess i don't like watching two guys in spandex rolling around on the ground for 3 rounds.
i am a big no weighlimit K1 fan ,also called Superlueage,they have some of the best fighters of the world and awesome knockouts.you might know Sammy Shield from UFC ,he is the current world champion in K1.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Ground and pound is good to watch, lots of technical stuff, but if they aren't doing much then your right it sucks. Everyone likes to see knockouts, but when someone is losing and then throws the other guy into a submission and gets the win it's pretty freakin awsome to me. K1 is pretty awsome too but I don't see it on TV much. I think the UFC pays better thats why you see some people in UFC that used to fight in other leagues. Not to mention in the next couple years it will probably pull most of the baddest mofo's in the world because they can offer more money.

Next month is the Welterweight Title fight, 170lbs, Matt Hughs who they are billing the best Welterweight Champ ever against Royce Gracie who was in UFC 1 and was undefeated in the UFC. Gracie also started Gracie Ju-Jitsu and is a world champion Brazilian Ju-Jitsu fighter. Should be a good fight but Hughes is like 26 and Gracie is in his 40's.

HENK
April 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
actually i am pretty sure K1 pays more .its like national sport in Japan ,good fighters are celebrated like popstars .

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Man, I can't wait to see Gracie take on Hughes. I also want to see how Gracie will adjust to the new rules set by UFC. He will not just be able to hang on to the guy in the Gracie Guard the whole time like when he fought Ken Shamrock.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM
Alright dangit! I give up know one asked so I'm telling, Henk you missed a great fight last weekend. Heavyweight Title, Arlovski vs Silvia, champ vs. former champ and both are standup knockout fighters.

Nothing major really happens for the first 2 minutes of the fight a couple exchanges of a few punches each. Then just under 3 minutes in Arlovski hit Silvia with the hardest punch I've ever seen anyone take, you could actually hear the impact SMACK! Silvia goes down but he's not knocked out fends off a flurry from his back and takes a shot or 2 standing back up. Silvia is still a little shakey on his feet Arlovski throws a combo and misses, Silvia connects on the counterpuch. Arlovski throws a lunging haymaker the narrowly misses Silvia, Silvia returns a right hook to the chin and down goes Arlovski. Silvia falls on him and throws 8 or 10 punches to Arlovski's head before the ref stops it.

It was the most insane thing I've ever seen in a fight. I've seen guys who are losing throw on a submission and get the win even though they were losing the fight. But to see someone get hit that hard and be on the verge of knocked out then fight back to his fight and knock the other guy out all in like 20 secs was unbelievable. I was still yelling about Arlovski knocking down Silvia when Arlovski got knocked out. I've rewatched it 10 or more times, I love Tivo, and I'm still shocked when it all happens.

HENK
April 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
talking about missing ,they don't show ufc over here in germany .i am not even sure if it is legal to be broadcasted but they do have fights .
i wish they would have shown that fight ,i love knockouts.
from my own boxing experience i can tell that once you take a hard hit to the head and you don't get knocked out you are fighting subconscieously (how do you spell that ) ,there is no thinking or tactic involved anymore ,just pure instincts,reflexes and adrenaline .

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 21st, 2006, 06:21 PM
Totally, Silvia was just swinging to protect himself some and got lucky didn't look like a hard hit at all since he was stepping back to dodge a punch. Once Silvia saw Arlovski hit the ground you could see him wake up and really start to swing like a champ.

Shouldn't be too suprising about Silvia considering he got his arm broke in an arm bar and still wanted to keep fighting. The ref stepped in and stopped it when both his forearm bones snapped. To prove he could keep fighting he used his good left arm to repeatedly hit his right arm. He's a crazy mofo.

HENK
April 23rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
anyone seen Boxing yesterday ,Klitschko vs. Byrd ,super heavyweight championship fight ?

sad day for Byrd and probably his last time in the ring.i was never too impressed with his skills but he wasn't beaten for years .now its over.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 23rd, 2006, 07:43 AM
Yeah, Klitschko wrecked his day. The jab of Kiltschko couldn't miss then he started catching him with the combo's.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==