PDA

View Full Version : Where b da Favorites folder?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I always lose my favorites in IE when I reformat, I'm trying to prevent that. Anyone know where it is? Will the google toolbar work in Firefox? I'm thinking of switching to that instead of IE.

Another question is which anti-virus should I use? I think someone said Norton was too intrusive so they used something else. It's been a while so I don't know who said it or where it was.

LA_MERC_Onji
March 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM
IE favorites are in:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofilehere\favorites

And yes, switch to firefox. Its good stuff

Norton sux, there are plenty good free av solutions out there : http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=320017 2nd section
avast and avg are good choices

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 30th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I create a Data folder on my Second Hard Drive and put Favorites, My Documents, Desktop and make a folder called Email for my outlook.pst file.

Damn - ACS habits die hard!

Biggs
March 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM
yeah thats what i was gonna say

LA_MERC_Spark
March 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I've been testing out clamwin... works well so far and it very low drag..

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 31st, 2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the info guys

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 31st, 2006, 02:32 AM
Er...where is the Documents and Settings folder? Can't seem to find it although I'm pretty sure I checked it our before.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 31st, 2006, 04:02 AM
C:\

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 31st, 2006, 05:29 PM
C:\

LMAO...

to be exact, Its

Left click on Start, "No your other left" Now left click on run Run, " "Yes the other left this time" Now type in the box where the cursor is, c:\ "No colin, you hold down the shift key and press the third button from the enter key" Ok now backslash, no not that key, its the other slash...." the key above the enter key" Now press enter.... Did a window pop up? Do you see the folder you are looking for? "yes" Is there anything else I can help you with today. "No I cannot do your report for you" Again my name was Parker thank you for calling ACS technologies people support, have a nice day :)

( AFTER CALL HAS ENDED)

BANG! BANG! outch, BANG! BANG!... OK i still feel somting... BANG!! BANG!! BANG!! BANG!!... OK thats much better...

(TECH SUPPORT REP. BEATING HEAD ON DESK)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
I know where the keys are I just couldn't remember how to get there, been over a year now.

Thanks Tech support.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==