PDA

View Full Version : Lost a buddy of mine today

LA_MERC_BS
March 27th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Mike Bird Jr "Baby Bird" got killed this morning. He works as a traffic cop in a neighboring city to me. He was on his Police Harley on his way to the Hospitol to see his sister who just had a baby. We believe he glanced away from the road for a second, when his attention was back on the road in front of him, a car had stopped. He tried to avoid rear ending the car. He glanced off the back of the car which threw him off the bike and into on coming traffic. A ten wheeler box truck traveling in the opposite direction saw Mike sliding toward him. The truck driver tried to swerve, but it was happening too fast. The truck ran over Mike's head and killed him instantly.

Mike was a pretty good dude. I saw him regularly. We were not close friends, but were still friends. He had been in cop at the Pascagoula Police Department for about 4 years. His father has been the Sheriff of Jackson county for almost 8 years. Baby Bird had a good future in front of him. He was married with a new born.

When you leave your family for the day, make sure you treat them as if it is the last time you'll see them. The only certainty in life, is death. Where and when is the problem.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 27th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Wow...my condolences to the family, and to all the friends. Very sorry to hear...

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 27th, 2006, 04:53 PM
wow so sorry to hear that we will be thinking of him.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 27th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Jerry, Im sorry to here that man, I hope his family makes it through OK... I cant imagine what kind of pain there going through right now...

LA_MERC_Spark
March 27th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Very sorry to hear that man..

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 28th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Sorry to hear that Jerry. Hope his family will be o.k.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 28th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Man, I really feel for his family...sorry to hear about that.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 29th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Sad news Jerry. Can't imagine what the family is going through. Be careful on your bike.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==