PDA

View Full Version : Should the Saints start packing now?

LA_MERC_Nutria
March 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9323440

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 20th, 2006, 11:41 AM
very good question, because he is a main reason that the saints were never going to go somewhere else, now.... sad news for Saints fans IMHO

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 20th, 2006, 12:23 PM
can NOLA support the NFL now? All I hear is that the corporate community will not come back to NOLA????

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 20th, 2006, 12:35 PM
no clue, but there has never been a real corporate atmosphere around here, so as always it is up to the community to do it...I truely believe money will be the ultimate factor and they will end up in LA, that is just my opinion though.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
corporate involvement is over rated. Look at Green Bay. It's just an excuse the NFl usees to say: see... look. seee.

As for Tagliabue, he is staying on as some kind of executive blah blah blah... Basically means he will still have influence when he wants it.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
each NFL team gets about 100 million EACH just from the TV contract per season. I agree that corporate support isn't a valid arguement.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM
There will still be some corporate involvement. Especially if a corp. can get a lot for less than another team. Also by dumping money into the Saints, a corp would be in essence "Saving NOLA from LA's money". What business wouldn't want to be called Lousiana's sponsor. Has anyone contacted FEMA? They could lobby...."Be a Saint.....Support FEMA." FEMA=Saints. I am sure that FEMA has more money coming in to research the levies.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 20th, 2006, 03:53 PM
yeah LOL FEMA has pissed more money right down the drain than it would take to have a corporate sponsor of the dome...they porbably piss more money a day than the 2-3 million dollars it would take to fix it up nice...:nono:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 21st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Tagleeaboob is not the only reason the Saints are staying in New Orleans. They'll be just fine.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==