PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe......

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM
that none of you coon arses aren't talking about the latest Saints acquisition...Drew Brees? 60 mil for 6 years???? Vastly overpaid....I guess they are going to trade away the number 2 pick this year.

Bad move IMO...Brees is an 'ok' QB...but not a 10 million per season guy....who knows...but you can bet that he does better than Brooks.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 15th, 2006, 11:56 AM
2 mil a year a QB maybe.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM
You should know better than to evenly divide money from a contract. This isn't hockey, players get dropped before their contarcts are paid out all the time.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 15th, 2006, 01:15 PM
But Drew Brees? I think Benson wanted Brees because he knows that he will fail in NOLA. He gets Brees, now he can trade away the #2 pick and not have to pay the salary of the #2 pick....the Saints say "we suck again" (in a Waterboy tone), and they move to San Antonio or LA where they go on to win 3 superbowls in 5 years.

LA_MERC_Nutria
March 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM
The reason for Brees is he is a proven quarterback and he seems to fit the west coast style of play the Saints are trying to do. I think the plan is they will trade that pick for a pro bowl type tight end or pick a tight end. A lot of number one, number two draft picks as QB are garbage, with a couple of exceptions.. so I say good gamble.

LA_MERC_BS
March 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I think Brees was trying to get Miami to woo him a little more. If Miami would have put the same money on the table, then he would have probably went there. I've gotten to where I don't really have a favorite team anymore, just favorite players, none of which are on the SAints. I'm also an Auburn fan if that tells you anything. I would have to say that LSU would be second.

LA_MERC_Spark
March 16th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I'm also an Auburn fan if that tells you anything. I would have to say that LSU would be second.

First off WTF? BS man...... :twak

Drew Brees is a better qb than Brooks by far. Also as I understand it his contracts, like most NFL contract, have a LOT of incentives. If he doesn't play well next year or, more to the point, if his shoulder isn't quite right, then he will not get paid that big $. That is the big key in my eyes. He never had a cannon to begin with. How well will he throw after surgery?

LA_MERC_BS
March 16th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Oh Brooks was a bum. His ass should have been run off two years ago. When a QB throws an interception then turns around and smiles about it, I'd say his heart ain't with his team. The guy just didn't care one way or another.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
brooks was a joke...like BS said...he just didn't care one way or the other.

Brees didn't have a good reciever in SD (tight end excluded)....so maybe with the Saints recievers....he'll do well.

I'm just hoping the Texans take Vince Young. I like David Carr, just that VY would be awesome to have....can trade Carr after next season.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Don't jump on the Vince Young bandwagon yet there Sabre. Lets see how he does in a completely different league that you cannot run the option in, and a defense FULL of peeps who run as fast as him. We will see in a Year. Surround Carr with weapons and he will do well.

And what good texan team doesn't want a BUSH to play for them.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==