PDA

View Full Version : All in One Printers

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Okay, I've been looking at this Dell All-in-one printer:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/print_964?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

My questions is:

Has any had experience or checked up on the photo quality printers like these put out? This one has a 4800 x 12000 dpi, which I have seen is the recommended, but I thought I would check with y'all first...

And I'm looking at Dell becuase I have an a$$load of giftcard money to dispose of...

LA_MERC_Onji
March 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
my only suggestion is to get one where the paper pulls from a tray or horizontal, do not get one that you feed from the top vertically. Eventually it'll start trying to pull multiple pages when printing, which blows. This one loads from the bottom, so thats good.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Do not buy a Dell printer unless you don't mind only being able to buy ink from Dell online.

If you're doing photos I reccomend either an Epson or HP w/ the 6 ink system.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I agree with MadMax on this one.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Sory - but I was in a bit of a rush when I typed the first responce...

If I was going to go w/ a photo printer, all in one, like I said I'd go with the HP or Epson w/ the 6 inks, but I'd prefer the epson, even though it's a top loader, because the ink system is SO much better - it tattoos the paper so to speak rather than just sprays the ink on like the HP - the prints are waterproof, lightproof, and I've done demo's for people at work using thier own pictures and memory cards, and I sell 9 out of 10 epsons after they see the resulting prints.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Also, another thing to consider about Dell printers is that they are modified Lexmarks, and I wouldn't sell my worst enemy a Lexmark!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Well, like I said, I had a lot of gift cards that have limited spending places. i went ahead and got the dell I linked to.

As for the ink.. Well, I get a discount on dell through work, so that shouldn't be too bad.

And they did win a JD Power award for customer satisfaction...

We'll see.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM
And they did win a JD Power award for customer satisfaction...

Who in the hell did that census? Did I miss the memo to vote on them. LOL!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM
it was specifically for printers... lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM
My Dell printer is not bad, but I would prefer a better method for ink delivery. My wife and I are looking at getting an Epson Printer now. hey are not always the cheapest though.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==