PDA

View Full Version : BFME2

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I got an email this morning from EA that my copy of BFME2 has shipped and will be at my house in a day or two. ANyone else heard anything about it. Looks like I'll be playing in a day or two, Woohoo!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
yeah andy, got my shipping notification yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be here tomorrow

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 28th, 2006, 03:14 PM
wohoo...now I just need to have time to pick mine up

LA_MERC_Onji
March 1st, 2006, 06:52 AM
w00t!

MONROE, LA, US 03/01/2006 6:56 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

It'll be there when i get home today sweet.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 1st, 2006, 07:08 AM
I will be picking minz up as well

Daedelus
March 1st, 2006, 09:17 AM
oh ill have to run down to babbages and see if they get it in this week end woot

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 1st, 2006, 12:25 PM
doh I need to check my e-mail!

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 1st, 2006, 12:31 PM
you still play video games :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
No, but he still buys them. I had mine waiting for me when I got home, WOOT. Game roxors. Graphics are top notch, game play is sweet. I love it.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 2nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
yeah any RTS fans out there I strongly recommend this, also any "Risk" fans I strongly recommend this as it has a cool board game style as well.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Got mine today and will be looking forward to playing! w00tasaurus rex!!!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
played one mission so far. I must say I hope it gets better but I'm sure it will.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 3rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
On-line multi-player...my friend
that is where you need to be.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 3rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Single player always sucks. The whole point of RTS is online multiplayer playing. I wish they wouldn't waste time with single player crap when they make an RTS. Focus focus focus on the main stream EA.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 3rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
Didn't have the luxury of spending 6 hours on a game last night. :stick

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
6 hours?!?!? the way we get our arse handed to us 30 minutes is our longest lasting yet :)

LA_MERC_Onji
March 3rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
6 hours?!?!? the way we get our arse handed to us 30 minutes is our longest lasting yet :)

for real

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
you know you have been a group for a long time when you pull up a "new post" list and you nail a response before you pull it up, as soon as I saw Onji, a little voice said "for real" LOL

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Mike is right Robby. 30 minutes max on any round yet. Times thus far have been First round---Andy, Mike, Darren vs 3 others. 10 minute loss with no lubrication. Second match 30 minutes --Rapage but this time they used lubrication. Hopefully third times a charm.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 5th, 2006, 11:21 AM
lol

Daedelus
March 5th, 2006, 02:26 PM
ok i just picked this up last night played a few of the campaing missions to try and get used to the new fetures and played one vs comp lasted almost all night one small 2 player map took me 1 hour to finish. i was on teamspeak to see if i could get any one to join me for a game but didnt see any one on most guys where playing BF2. aww you guys got to check out my hero i made the Juggernaught haha a troll he whoops ass. just not sure on the powers i gave him: call reinforcemants all the way to his lvl 10 power. fear(works nice)
battle shout to us on the troop i summon and i think leadership to give passive bonus and last i got the crippl hero to stick other heros so they stay and fight. i maxed out his power and put alot in his aromor and health recovery. bad points health is low and sight is way low. but i figure i use other units to scout and him to just bash away with his huge hammer.

Ok see you guys online. jumping on to play now.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 6th, 2006, 07:28 AM
yeah good game, I have enjoyed the little time I have had with it so far.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 6th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Played through the Ring game (just like Risk....kinda...well, not really). I like that! Have also started the good campaign and it's more involved than BFME was...there are like 10 things you have to do each round. Tedious...but fun

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
i got this last night, and played through some of the single player to get a feel for the controls, must say i like it so far, im going to play some solo skirmishes tonight to get a feel for "starting from scrath" and then i'll prolly join yall on some multiplayer matches

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM
yeah you need to get a feel because some of the guys online are crazy, and we never find all the nubs on the other team, they are always our allies..lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I will hwve to purchase and start playin wit ya fools. I can die with the best of mercs.

LA_MERC_goose
March 6th, 2006, 11:44 AM
i got this last night, and played through some of the single player to get a feel for the controls, must say i like it so far, im going to play some solo skirmishes tonight to get a feel for "starting from scrath" and then i'll prolly join yall on some multiplayer matches

What you need to do is get your butt in a BF2 server with me and let me fly you around and you can bomb for me - nothing better than a bomber with a goose and a Maverick in it. lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 6th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Very true Goose. I had a blast flying with you and flying you in teh SU-34 last night. The wife was laughing becuase she could here me yelling things like

"He's on our six Goose"
or
"We're coming in on target Goose"
or
"Goose, we're hit, BAIL OUT BAIL OUT"
or my favorite
"TALK TO ME GOOSE"

P.S. But I absolutely love RTS's and BFME2 looks to be one of the greatest.

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM
What you need to do is get your butt in a BF2 server with me and let me fly you around and you can bomb for me - nothing better than a bomber with a goose and a Maverick in it. lol

yeah, im trying to get out of wowcrack for a while, and do some other stuff. I'll try to spread my time between BFME2 and BF2 for about the next week or so.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah...you need to catch up with me in BF2. I am already staff seargant

Daedelus
March 7th, 2006, 09:15 AM
yeah i got on the forums for bfme2 i think on fileplanet and was reading up they say theres a few unbalance issues. but that is to be expected with a game coming from EA lol. they where mentioning when you make your hero theres a power up called dealy spear or something like that. and it suppossed to be uber powerful enough to take down a balrog with one hit. yep i said it one hit wow.
they also where mentioning the nazgul being nerf low hip points and that the nazgul in the air are real susceptible to AA haha like bf2 well archers can suppossedly take them down quicker this time.
Other posters where saying the elves are little over powered in multi player when you get the silver thorn arrows and they seem to be the favorite unit for rushers. but over all i think people are still going with isengard as best all around unit for online. didnt look like any has really tryed dwarfs or goblins enough to make any desisions on them for online. so i just thought i would throw those tips out.

the thing i was trying to research was when you put out a mineral gathering building it shows you say the 100% marker so you know your getting full rescources etc. and iff you go to put down another mine/tree/slaughter house to close it will show a red color and a low % rate like 25%etc. my question was if you place this second mine at the 24% area will it take away mineral for your big origonal 100% mine. my thought behind this was the evil side has that ability "stroke the fuels of fire" it gives you one building you can raise to a 300% rescource gatering rate for short period of time,now if i had acoupl mines all close enough together i could isentially place that power up on maybe 3-4 mines etc. and even though they are low 25% mines that would greatly up there production with this power and maybe this would be a viable tactic?? let me know what you guys think on this(i might throw up a skirmish game and try i out see if it works) ok thanks

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I thought about that as well Daed but the furnce stoke upagrade does not recharge that fast. I think you do something like that only if you've been turtled in. I prefer Isengard as well. All hail the white hand. I went 2 and 0 on online play last night, wootage.

Daedelus
March 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
hey am i missing something.. in last middle earth game you could combine diffrent types of army's like have the pike men combine with your crossbow men i actually liked that feature so the pike men protected the archers and visa versa the archers would attack at long range. this version dosent look like it will let you do that and seems the unit i have up front is always the oppisite of what the rush me with like today i had pike men up front in porcupine formation with archers behind and he(comp) would throw archers
just far enough forward to hit my pike men but not close enough for my arches to realize whats going on and return fire. or if i had regular swords men up front he would rush threw with horses an trample all my guys.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
yeah no can do that now daed...because now you can control the formation...the default is to hold both buttons down..while you have multiple units selected..then move forward, back, or sidways to see the different formations. This is very important...as is high ground...and "angle" of attack/flank.

Daedelus
March 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM
aww ill have to check that out i was un-aware of that feature as it was i just clicked on all my units and threw the whole mob at the enemy hehe. ive been on now a few times and still dont see any one on teamspeak.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I was on last night from 9-12 cst

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I was on last night from 9-12 cst

WTF? I was on TS from 8 till 11 and never got word you were playing.

And yes Daed, formations will help tremndously.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
man I went in at like 10ish and said Onji ...Andy, and Goose said they are not here..so I went playing, check TS man.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 9th, 2006, 09:21 AM
This game is stupid. I hate it, and will not be playing it. DONE! I'll be posting it for sale in the cyber cafe.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Ok, Finally played some against a computer to work on build and defense strategies. Not too bad. This game is lucky that its good graphics made me try it again. I had given up on it but it's growing on me like a bad rash.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
yeah we need to start against a couple of computers and go from there like we did in Warhammer..it is tough...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 20th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Agreed. I'll be on all week, so if anyone else wants too looks like Mike and I will be online mastering our skills against the AI. Maybe we could get two more nad do a 4 MERC on 4 AI match.

LA_MERC_Onji
March 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
yeah I did the same thing this weekend andy, the game is so pretty, it makes you wanna play. played against a couple pc opponets on easy and won, after a long time defending of course.
I'll try to be on this week as well.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 20th, 2006, 12:33 PM
me and my friend played 2 comps on medium, and it took all we had to fend the bastages off...they are pretty smart.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==