PDA

View Full Version : Empire at War

Biggs
February 19th, 2006, 02:30 PM
the only computer games i have everreally played ar bf1942 and bf2. i saw the trailer for empire at war and was really interested.

what do you guys think of it?

www.empireatwar.com

i havent played a rts before but i enjoyed star wars since i was little and this game keeps making me think about buying it.....what should i do?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 19th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Hummm, never got into the games where you have to worry about everything from the Wookie that needs to go to the bathroom, and the Stormtrooper that forgot his umbrela.

To much of a headach for me.

But dont think im bashing the game, it looks cool. Might be a lot of fun.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 06:31 AM
It did not get the best reviews Biggs, but what do they know sometimes?!?
RTS's are alot of fun, but they take alot of time,
Biggs my suggestion would be to request it in the FTP forum to see if O can find an extended demo for you to try ;)

LA_MERC_Onji
February 20th, 2006, 06:38 AM
ive been looking, it hasnt hit the scene yet. I'll post when it does

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
February 20th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Nice I would be interested in it.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Yeah me too

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 07:42 AM
If you like Lord of the Rings as well Biggs I know at least 3-5 of us will be playing BFME2 due out like March 1st or 2nd.

Biggs
February 20th, 2006, 08:09 AM
i dont know if i want to get into another game besides bf2.....i have to look into empire at war and bfme2......i am not sure is rts are for me thought either.

LA_MERC_Mercy
February 20th, 2006, 09:14 AM
im trying to get a copy now, once i have it, i will let yall know...

LA_MERC_Onji
February 20th, 2006, 09:26 AM
the only one out now is a clonecd version, you have to have certain utilities running in the background to make it work, which sucks. Wait for the real cracked version to come out; makes life much easier.

Biggs
February 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
i got the demo from the website and its pretty cool.

the cracked version....that means i can play the game without buying it?

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM
muhahahaha!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
February 20th, 2006, 12:41 PM
lol!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 20th, 2006, 01:24 PM
LOl, Yes Brent. Stick with us and we will show you the ways of the dark side. The crack version is the full version you can play. The only problem is because its not a legit copy you can't play online (Well you can play online with other crack versions) which is what we usually do. This meaning you and I can get the crack game and play online with each other. This is a good way of seeing whether you really like a game before you buy it.

LA_MERC_Spark
February 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM
This meaning you and I can get the crack and play with each other.

umm... wtf? lmao!

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 02:38 PM
hahah lmao

the power chord does not care...crack is crack!!!

LA_MERC_Drax
February 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'd just like to find an RTS that doesn't have all the micro managing in battles. I liked DOW alot, but with the expansion came even more things to click in battle. And the pain the arse part was that the computer could do them all at the same time. I don't mind micro managing in the city and economy stuff, just not 10 billion things to click in battle.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
But the computer is stupid. Real opponents are what make an RTS so much fun. Maybe its because I do so well with thm that I like RTS. I just have a mind for it. Liek Chess. I do well when pitted against a person. Especially if I get to know the person. Personality traits are the funnest to exploit. Gibletgrinder was/is the best as he is so good at them but becuase I have played so many types of RTS with him and know him I can beat him pretty consistently (I love to watch it get under his skin). The main reason he loves Battlegrounds is the Gungans with the shield generator dinosaur creaters made them almost impposible to beat. But a good group of Empiral Wlakers used right gave hi fits, Muh ha ha ha ha ha

P.S. And for the record. You're right the power chord doesn't care. The other guys don't sleep in the same room with Andy for a reason, MUh aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

LA_MERC_Drax
February 23rd, 2006, 08:36 AM
I went ahead and bought the empire at war game, need something to do when i go offshore here in a couple of days. I get to mess with the space combat for awhile, it was pretty neat. I'll update again when i get to play more

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 25th, 2006, 07:35 AM
I absolutely loved Star Wars Battlegrounds (Still do if anyone plays it) so I'm very close to buying this game as well. It's just that BFME2 is so close to being released and I think it will be a better RTS. We'll see.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 25th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Now you bastages have me thinking about getting BFME2. I read the ad about it in my Dragon magazine and the graphics look sick, but I don't have the video cards that you guys have. Not sure what to do.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, hose off on buying empire at war....its mildly retarded. Space battles revolve around one building that does everything. Ground battles are near the same, just more building, and you can't build anymore buildings, only defense turrets on areas that you have to occupy first. I wish i had more hands, so i could give this game 4 thumbs down!

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 26th, 2006, 06:33 AM
lol that solves that!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 26th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yeap, Justin made my mind up for me. I'm sticking with BFME2. X I beta tested this game (BFME2) and the graphics are definately off teh hook. And it sounds way better than Empires at war in the fact that you can build anywhere (even wall up which I absolutely loved about Warcraft 2) so I'm sticking with BFME2. All Hail the White Hand!

LA_MERC_Drax
March 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
Well i've been playing it more and more out here, cause i have nothing else to do....the game play still sucks, but it is fun doing the space battles. Nothing like hoarding a bunch of star destroyers down on the rebels! The cool thing about those star destroyers is that they house fighters and bombers. Too bad you can't make em land back on it or stick to it. They coulda made a bad arse RTS with just space battles with star wars themed units, but instead they released this CRAP.

Daedelus
March 25th, 2006, 09:17 PM
well i got tyred of bfme2 and read a good review from pc gamer a 85% so i whent and got this before reading this thread so i playrf alittle last night the tutorial and started the inperial campaign so far it just ok ill let you know how i lik it as i get more game play.
i do so far like the cinematic mode where you start an attack and as the planes and ships blast away you click the cinema icon and it switched into a sort of movie mode letting you watch the battle that happening as if it where a movie up close. thats nice feture so far.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==