PDA

View Full Version : No more BF2 for me

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 16th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Hey,

I've been playing the BFME2 demo and will be devoting a lot of time to that game instead of BF2.

Does anyone know if I am able to sell my copy of the game and the Spec For add on with my account? Or does it not work that way?

Anyone?

Scott

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
yeah you can Scott!

wait there is time for both!!
that is what me and Andy do.

either way get on TS and get in the game!

Biggs
February 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
ahhh....blashphemy

i'm not sure, i think it will be fine to sell and someone could just set up a new account

LA_MERC_goose
February 16th, 2006, 08:29 AM
LT, if that's the case let me know - I'd like to get the SF pack from ya.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Well, the problem is, I only play games from 8-10 or so m-f...and I have no time in the evenings (I get off work at 8pm and eat supper then go to bed). There's nobody that I know on that early and I RARELY play any games on weekends. That's the reasoning.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 16th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I bought BF2 a couple of months ago...played for an hour...just no time... waaaahhhh!!!!

let me know how you work this out LT.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, Diesel and I are beyond help. When BFME2 comes out we will get very little sleep. We start playing BF2 from about 7 to 11 then play BFME2 from 11 to 1, 7 days a week. We have no life. We did this with BF1 and BFME1 when they came out. I think my wife puts up with it as at least I'm home and she can yell at me when she needs something. (This is better than me going out after work and coming in Drunk at 1 in the morning, yes 7 days a week, hehehehehehe).

P.S. And no I don't have a drinking problem. I don't drink any more.........................I don't drink any less either..................I mean....................I would quit..........................but everyone hates a quiter.

P.S.S. I myself may be out of BF2 for a week as my keyboard took a punding last night and was acting funny while trying to shut down. Last night was a rough night, I could not do anything right. We were playing ****ty map after ****y map and the icing was right at the end of Kubra Dam I get killed with a ticket count of like 5. So I decide that becuase their is no time left to run to another cp I'll spawn at the back and just let it time out right. No one back there. I'll be safe right, WRONG, ****INGGG ARTILERY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
LMAO that was great!!!

a week to purchase a new keyboard...that is like some skitz excuse....
get in gear...and do not go to wallmart..lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I did laugh my arse off at ya Andy. I was just listening in to listen as I was surfing, and you bezerk with the adlibbing when you spawned into arti..............lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah Rook, I do get colorful don't I. One of the new designers in my Engineering department has just got into BF2. You can see him on the stats page Lonewolf296. I told him about our server and TS and he got in and said he laughed hard and had his wife listen in on me going to town about the ngiht I was having. This was the time we diceded to play Source and being away form it for about a year I was getting it handed to me at first and I was *****ing about the whole I had to pay for a gun crap. he does the same thing now. Fome time to time he gets on TS with us just to listen to me and see if I'm going off again. LOL. No I'm going to be playing tonight even if I have to indian give my sons keyboard. LOL "Look son I have to check your keyboard for viruses. I'll give it back to you later, go play"

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 17th, 2006, 06:06 AM
lmao poor tman

HENK
February 17th, 2006, 07:26 AM
i ll buy that stuff from you !!!!!

Daedelus
February 17th, 2006, 08:21 PM
oh should have read this post before i put the "hey why you quitting bf2 on you sell/trade post. doh' yeah bfme2 will take alot of my time aswell cant wait for it to come out haha.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I just received a Z-board, I am going to try it out tonight. Good bad ugly, what does everyone think?

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 18th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Oh any of the gaming boards are cool, I like the z board, just do not like the price of the key sets, but yeah nice board.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 20th, 2006, 06:55 AM
thanks alot tech, i played the demo this weekend, now i must have the game. the wife is going to shoot me :(

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Sorry man...I should have warned you.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 20th, 2006, 07:36 AM
btw, here is a good direct download link for the demo if anyone wants to try it

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/demos/bfme2demo_english_final.exe

but be warned, its 1.4gb! but worth it in my opinion

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 20th, 2006, 07:39 AM
wohoo another zombie in the making Andy!!!

Men of the West...ride on!!!

Daedelus
February 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
omg demo is 1.4gb makes me wonder how much a hard drive hog the full product will be.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 21st, 2006, 07:25 AM
Diesel and I played the original BFME religiously. We are also BETA testers for BFME2. IT will definately consume mass quantities of my time when it comes out. It will be nice to have some other fellow MERC's (And LaTech, lol, nudge nudge wink wink) playing RTS games with me and Mike. To hell with the Men of the West. Long live the white hand of Isengard. Sauromon owns you!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
February 21st, 2006, 07:47 AM
Dam you guys not another game my wife is going to ****!

Biggs
February 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM
D Long live the white hand of Isengard. Sauromon owns you!

wtf are you talking about?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM
If you remeber the movie, I'm kinda a fan, Sarumon is the White Wizard that Gandolf fights. He's the ruler of Isengard. He's called the white hand. If you look at his army in the movie all his troops have flags with a big white hand on it. In teh original BFME I was a reconing force playing Isengard. The Saurumon and Lurch comco was deadly. Now don't get me wrong. Depending on the patch version in the original BFME I caould do very well with Gondor which had Gandolf. Gandolf was the most powerful unit on the game. Balrog could beat him but Balrog was an elven point character where Gandolf was an actual unit. Once you play the game you'll understand what I mean. BFME is a very neat game, especially if you like the movies and book. I'm really pleased with BFME2 where now you can build your base and walls any where and the fact that they finally added Sauron. What good is the whole game if there's no Sauron. The one who freaking created the ring of power (My precious) which is also another reaaly cool feature about BFME2. Now you play maps that at random Gollum appears somewhere also randomly on the map and the player who kills him makes him drop the ring and if you collect it and get it back to your fortress you get a special power troop. Very nice. Can really turn a game around. I can't wait for BFME2. And yes Skitz, the wife won't be happy. Main reason is in FPS games like BF2 you can disconnect at any time and rejoin at will. With RTS games your committed to the end becuase you don't want to be the one who drops out and ruins the game for everyone after 3 hours of play time.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
February 21st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah I've played RTS's before and I know they can take a while. I just really suck at them and I always end up losing. I have BFME and I played once or twice with Diesel. I like playing in teams against the computer.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 21st, 2006, 06:40 PM
I can only play the computer in those games since I can't remember all the hotkeys to build and do stuff. Super old school RTS like game I loved and wish I could find was Master of Magic. You started as a wizard and you had like 20 or so points to choose magic books or character points. Such as artificer, archmage, famous, all helped you in different ways but you wanted as much magic books as possible. The only way to win was to kill everyone else, up to 5 other armies, or cast a spell to kill everyone else. But once you started casting said spell everyone still alive immediately turned against you to kill your ash. Loved the game but it was way old school like early 90's. I've tried some other games like Warcraft but I suck majorly at them. Plus the wife would kill me if I said I can't get off for another couple hours. I need games I can get into and out of without totally f'ing my team.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 21st, 2006, 06:51 PM
TORIN THE CHOSEN ONE

Rating:

Realizing the fate of the world is in the balance, the Gods of Life have delivered their own son, Torin The Chosen One to fight for the forces of good. Being a deity, he is the ultimate champion, the hero's hero. Available only to wizards of Life magic, Torin is summoned though the casting of the life spell Incarnation. Possessing the qualities you would expect in a God, Torin has Magic & Missile Immunity, Super Might, Constitution, Prayer Master, and Super Leadership! As if that wasn't enough, he also has an extremely powerful casting ability and boasts the life spells Healing and Holy Armor. With a resumè like this, you shouldn't worry about him getting hurt. But even if he does, you can re-summon Torin at any time and he returns at the same experience level at which he died! Torin is literally an unstoppable hero who will make you think twice about choosing anything other than life spell books!

This guy was the baddest mofo in the game. I would play the life side the most simply to see him utterly destroy anything I put him up against. After he got to about demigod I would send him into battle without any other troops. Dude, he would take out the other champions along with the other wizard with only a few spells from me. Link to the site..http://mom.diaspora.ru/txt/heroes.doc/

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 22nd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Well, I love RTS games and they are only good if your playing another real person AI sucks and is too easy and predictable to kill.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 22nd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Playing other people is much better then the computer but it's the learning curve that gets me. I'm not a fan of sucking for too long before I quit whatever I'm trying to do.

Kinda odd I played CS all those years huh?

LA_MERC_Onji
February 24th, 2006, 12:12 PM
ok bastages i did it, preordered this morning. yall suck

Biggs
February 24th, 2006, 02:04 PM
yeah foos.......470 gold medals thanks to texan squirrells

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 24th, 2006, 02:38 PM
w0h00....piss away that moneu my friend..it is a wonderful thing

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 24th, 2006, 03:27 PM
If you cut me I bleed bronze.