PDA

View Full Version : RAM question

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Is the high end RAM that much better than the value stuff? I see a $40 difference in the Corsair value and the XMS stuff. I know the CAS latency's are different but will I notice a difference speedwise or is the high end better for overclocking?

I'm getting more back from taxes then I thought and with luck, a lot of luck, I may be able to put together a new computer. Atleast the major stuff, mobo, processor, video card, and maybe RAM. I might have to use my present RAM for a bit and upgrade that in a couple months. I'll reuse my hard drives(thanks to Dirge), CD-ROMS and whatnot. Hopefully I'll finish my case mod, really the whole dang case, so I'll have something to sport my stuff in that looks as good as it runs.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
From what I can tell Chuck the high end is exacly like you said...for overclocking, the noticable difference b/w the low/high end stuff is not "that" great, but I have always gone with the corsair XMS, anyway :)

Daedelus
February 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM
same not exactly sure i read some where the diffrence but cant recall it right now but same as D i always have gone with the corsair XMS too.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 9th, 2006, 02:28 AM
I expect to overclock some so I was looking for something that would work the best, so XMS it is.

When I searched I found 3 XMS's that were 2x1Gb setups, I assume the most expensive is the best? What should I look at?

LA_MERC_Spark
February 9th, 2006, 08:14 AM
go to corsairs site and select your mobo... They will suggest the ram you need based on what you want. they give you most popular, lowest latency, best for overclocking, most affordable, xpert configurable 0n-module LED display, and others... heres a link!

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search_results.html

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Sweet thanks Spark

Daedelus
February 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
just what i was going to say spark great idea.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==