PDA

View Full Version : I really need a new card

LA_MERC_goose
February 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
After playing some last night I realized that my video card is way inferior compared what some of you guys have and I was thinking that I may replace it in the next few weeks (hopefully the bank I rob tomorrow won't notice me, joke!)

I'm not sure what to get but I found this, http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=326031

Biggs
February 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
i think i have the 6800gt and it works nicely......i dont know the difference between these 2 though

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Go for the 7800 series. The bang for the buck is outta sight! Andy has the GT and it does everything he needs. I have the GTx and it is even better.

LA_MERC_Drifter
February 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hey Goose if you are serious I have a XFX 6800gt that I will sell ya. I am fixing to upgrade my mb so I can use the pci-e cards. The 6800gt is an awesome card but ever since i upgraded to the 24" monitor I have to run in insanely high resolutions and it kills my detail level.

LA_MERC_goose
February 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Let me know Drifter, ol' buddy, ol' pal! :D

Daedelus
February 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
take the one drifter has its great. i recently just upgraded my card aswell so i could play and got the xfx 6800 gt i think the xfx was the only card manufacturer i found to do the gt modle at 6800 for agp. all other where the expensive PCI express. i think i got my card for around 210. but read plaenty of online reviews about how much better the GT modles where compared to the OC ones. it helped me alot to read the tons of reviews on thinkgeek.com and puchased the card threw new egg with no problems.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==