PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for training our coach Denver!

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
w00t!

Texans made it official today and announced that Gary Kubiak is the new head coach...

Kubiak said in his press conference that he fully intends to bring his 'system' to houston...and that he thinks David Carr has enormous upside potential...

so....from what I've heard, looks like Reggie Bush will be a Texan next year...good choice! I'm looking forward to seeing the potential of this team.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM
They need to draft an offensive line

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
yes they do...and after they pick reggie bush...they will :)

plus they are switching to a 4-3 defense.....so a bunch needs to happen on the d-line too.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 26th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Wow, I was wondering if they were going to take Bush or Vince. The writers think they should go with Vince but both are great players and play makers.

BigOne
January 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM
i think vince isnt that good he's gonna be just like vick run for a few years then get hurt and stop running as much and try and pass and we all know vick sucks at that

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM
That's the trick with Vince, he is a better passer and he usually only runs after going through his processions. It will be interesting to see him after a year or 2 in the pros and see how he does.

LA_MERC_Shadow
January 26th, 2006, 08:08 PM
X is right, he had the highest percentage rate for passing this year. He's tall enough he doesn't have to run to see down the field.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 26th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I think Bush is a better pick leaning toward the potential role he will play. I think Vince would not be able to do as well as he could his first year in with a non-complete team. Kubiak is the Bombdizzle as offenses go. He will have this team up to par quickly. He has turned down numerous head jobs in the past years to stick with Denver. He now has faith in himself, and I think he will make a great headcoach. You give any QB enough weapons he will do good. You give an offensive line confidence in what is behind them they will perform. Texans will be my 2nd team.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 27th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I agree with the give any QB enough weapons and he will do good part, just look at Leinhart. Maybe the O-line will do better if they have faith in their backs and receivers but only time will tell. If you get a good O-line then you can have average backs and receivers and still win games. Atleast he can't do much worse then 2-14 so he should be able to win more games next year for a good start.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 27th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Vince will be a good if not...great QB. The problem is that it won't happen for a few years...whereas Bush can come in and make a difference this year...besides...if you give Carr a little bit of time to throw (which he sparingly has) he makes great plays. Plus the owner said he wants to win sooner than later...hence the pick goes to Bush or it gets traded.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Are you telling me Al that you are a texan fan now. Bah. Stick to your roots. Black and Gold. Deuce and Lienart this year, woohoo. Thats the combo I'm looking for.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 28th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Who and what ballroom dancer?:stick

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Carr will be a completely different quarterback next year. What happened when Kubiak went to Denver to be their quarterback coach? Elway wins Superbowl. I think he will be able to give Carr some quick release tips like he did with Elway.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 29th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Are you telling me Al that you are a texan fan now. Bah. Stick to your roots. Black and Gold. Deuce and Lienart this year, woohoo. Thats the combo I'm looking for.

MAH ROOTS???

those would be Buffalo Bill roots....and I'm not claiming them...what a mess of a franchise...they actually rival the Saints right now as far as the front office goes.

the rat is right...i'm stoked about Carr this year, or maybe next year...but he is a very good QB...he was just around some bad offensive coaching. With a slightly improved o-line...the Texans offense will be among the top 10 with the addition of Reggie Bush and another quality (2nd) receiver...Andre Johnson is way underutilized.....

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM
yeah texan will draft Bush, and have an wxciting offense next year, Carr, Johnson, Davis, Bush...now in free agency they need a line, and they will put up some numbers.
Andy all us NFC people need someone to root for from the AFC, the Texans have an awesome stadium,I have travelled to Houston to watch more games there than I have saints games. Most was to visit college buddies, but caught a game as well...every seat is awesome, good stuff
go Saints...go Texans :p
plus we have to prep for when Benson sells the saints to Cali ;)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 29th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Carr will be a completely different quarterback next year. What happened when Kubiak went to Denver to be their quarterback coach? Elway wins Superbowl. I think he will be able to give Carr some quick release tips like he did with Elway.

Kubiak was in denver his whole life. He decided if he couldn't play in front of Elway, he would be his coach. Kuby was a good QB also.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==