PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player question

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 6th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Is there a portable mp3 player out there that you can download your own music onto and not have to use one of those music services? Mike... :mothersda

LA_MERC_Onji
December 6th, 2005, 02:59 PM
you can do that with any mp3 player. most of them, you just plug into your pc via usb, and it creates a new drive letter, and you can drag and drop your mp3's onto it

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
just don't get an ipod.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 6th, 2005, 03:48 PM
hey newtch...i gotz your mom's day right here!!!
:0
hehehe

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 6th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I got an MP3 player off of newEgg a while back and it hooks up just like Onji was saying. Kind of like a pen drive...but with cool features! I also used to have a fancy 30 GB mp3 player that worked in the same fashion. It had specific software that went with it, but it worked without converting songs or locking them or whatever. Pretty nice.

LA_MERC_Drax
December 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Creative makes a pretty good one...

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I have a creative nomad zen nx (30 Gb) and a creative muvo (256 Mb) usb drive/mp3/voice recorder. Both are very easy to use and offer great sound to noise levels. Tom's hardware likes creative's sound reproduction better than ipod's.

HENK
December 7th, 2005, 06:39 AM
yea craetive and iriver are both good brands.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 7th, 2005, 07:01 AM
I have a creative muvo as well....I like mine cause it comes with a sports armband that I use while at the gym. It just plugs directly into a usb port....and upload/download at your leisure!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 7th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I have the new iPod video with 60gb drive. I love it. I can see why iPod is by far the most popluar and arguably the best.

a long while back I bought the wife an iRiver. it's also a great product, I've been impressed with some of their recent products too.

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 11th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I'm with you Obvious, I finally took a swig of the apple koolaid and bought a nano. Itunes sucks but the player and it's interface is awesome. And you can put your own mp3 library on there without anyproblems too. Napster is the weird because you dont actually download the songs, you just stream your collection from their server. If you stop paying you loose all your music, plus you cant put it on a player without paying extra ontop of the monthly fee

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==