PDA

View Full Version : First Sergeant promotion

LA_MERC_BS
December 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM
I'd like to go ahead and congradulate me on the "First Sergeant" promotion that I will be getting tonight. I need 87 global points to get it. And with my new promotion comes a new unlock weapon. I choose the assault F2000 with grenade launcher. I chose this weapon after hours and hours of listening to Target complain about it. I think he calls me and my grenade launcher " little nub gun". By 7:00 pm I should be flash banging and grenade launching at an unbelieve able rate. I'm damn good at it too. Beware fools!!!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
w00t congrats that makes at least 5 us at or past that
Biggs
Target
Andy
BS
Onji? maybe

LA_MERC_BS
December 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM
Looks like we have
1 sergeant major = Biggs
2 first sergeants = Diesel, Target
I'll have mine tonight. Andy, Ex and Onji should have theirs by the end of the weekend.

Stats (http://www.lamerc.com/bf2/stats.php)

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Congrats! I'll have mine in...well, nevermind. One step at a time. Right now, catch back up to Goose. lol

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM
BS, you can't get the F2000 unless you have Special Forces installed! The battlefield2 unlock to assult is the G3

And yes, I hate the nub tube. HE Grenades out of grenades lauchers are not armed until they reach a distance of 46 to 89 ft. Its **** that you can fire one 5 feet away and kill someone but you yourself not die in the process since the blast radius is supposed to be 5 feet.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
December 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM
.....someone's bitter.....

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
While the 17 hours I've played as assault kinda sucked, I have to say that most of my kills were nub launching. As we all know it's much better to give then receive. Being nub launched 10 times a round does get old.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 1st, 2005, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah and I should have First Sargeant before next week. I'm unlocking the PKM, seeing as the MEC and China support guns suck and I'm a nub launcher while playing assault, it makes the most sense.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 2nd, 2005, 06:14 AM
lol...its an addiction....The first step is admitting it.
I am LA_MERC_Diesel...I use the noob tube!!!
and love it!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 2nd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Hey Jerry. The damn stats on our page and the bf2s page may not say it but I've been a first seargent for over a week now. It's just that the special forces upgrade messed up the XMS feed and some peoples stats don't work right now. The good news is the BFHQ still keeps strack of it and when they get it fixed you'll see me jump from 18,871 (Where it shows me right now) to somewhere around 24,000. Also, since BFHQ keeps track of it I already have the "new noob tube" F2000 GL but soince I'm trying to get my gold as Anti Tank and Toby seems to need an Anti Tank guy while he's commanding I haven't had the chance to noob tube with you boys. With my Luck they will fix it in an upcomingpatch to perform realisticlly like Toby said. A grenade launcher like the M203 is designed such that once fired from the gun it has to rotate a certain amount of times before it will arm. This is a design safety feature so that in the military if you use one an accidentally hit a building or somethin that is to close the grenade launcher does not kill yourself. A GOOD CASE IN POINT I HAVE A FRIEND IN THE ARMY WHO WAS TRYING TO FIRE AN M203 DOWN RANGE FROM BEHIND A HUMMER. AS HE SHOT HE GOT SHOT AT AND WHEN HE DUCKED THE GRENADE LAUNCHED OUT OF THE TUBE AND HIT THE HUMMER. IT WENT STRAIGHT UP AND CAME BACK RIGHT DOWN INTHE MIDDLE OF ALL THE SQUAD. Luckily becuase of the design feature the grenade did not rotate enough times to activate. Toby is right they need to fix that crap. And while they're at it change the C4 so that you have to stand in place for like 4 seconds like in counter strike before you plant and arm it. This crap of throwing the C4 and blowing crap up is bull****. Ok, I'm getting back off my soap box.

P.S. I would like to say thanks to all the we trained Merc's last night for helping me get my Legion Of Merit Ribbon. This was accomnplished with a very succeful run of black hawk whoring.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 2nd, 2005, 07:52 AM
right gunner First sargent Diesel reporting in for a tour of whoring!!

:)

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 2nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
all this crap talk is enticing me towards buying this stupid game....er.....damm you!!! damn you all to hell!!!!!

Biggs
December 2nd, 2005, 08:38 AM
you know what that dang nade launcher is poop. i like to play engi always and to be honest my favorite gun is the shotty followed now by the mp7. when some nub either shots a dam nub tube at me or frigging sprays and prays me with his m4 or g3 i get pissed.....man its very hard to kill with the shotty and i do it well and well some nub shots 30 rounds at me and hits me twice and i die its bs. thats why ground pounding is for the birds........lets see u nub tubers try and shoot me down!

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 2nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Mine is the upgraded sniper rifle followed by the upgraded speops (don't know the names, sorry). Me likey! Also, been working on the C4 stuff of late...lots of fun to completely take out 4 armor in about 2 minutes (granted, I died...but it was fun anyway)

LA_MERC_BS
December 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
I got ripped. They gave me Master Sergeant instead of First Sergeant. I've had all my medals for a while now. It's a conspiracey by the man to keep me down. I guess I'm gonna go get the special forces thing so I can get the super noob launcher. I busted a sniper off a roof top last night with my nood launcher. Yes, I'm just that damn good.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Cool, that is neat, it is no problem to be a Master Gun Sargent, Andy can correct me but they are the same grade, is the patch rank different?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM
The patch is different, First Sargeant is supposed to only be for people with all the basic kit badges including knife and pistol badges.

As for pay grade, I guess I'm not good enough to get paid to play yet. Freakin hax!

Car bombing is becoming a favorite past time of mine, except when I accidently run into friendlies and my C4 denonates. Sorry Toby.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Just like to add my name to the First Sargeant ranks.

As a side note I had my best run in an airplane last night, like 8 or 10 kills and only a -20 teamscore. I did end the round with a positive 18 total score just I kept bombing my own guys, sam sites and the like.

Biggs
December 4th, 2005, 09:23 AM
woot.....x im waiting for u to get ur joystick so i can help u learn to bring out the inner j10 in you....in all of us!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Prolly won't get it until after I get back from Disney World on the 17th. But I'm hoping to learn the pwnage techniques ASAP. That's about the only way I'll get 40 kills for any expert badges. Sometimes I can get that many in a tank but it's usually like 20 to 30 if I'm in armor for most of a round.

LA_MERC_BS
December 5th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Well the stats gave us all our First Sergeant rank so thats cool. Still havent got my super noob launcher yet. Trying to find Special forces somewhere. No one has it. Walmart has plenty of Sims games though. I'm sure that is a big seller and deserves plenty of shelf space.

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM
bring out the inner j10 in you....in all of us!

Biggs, maybe on a server that won't kick you for not joining a squad or one that doesn't TK you everytime you want a jet, I'd like to tail you on a jet to see what it is you and the other keep talking about with the jets. I've tried a few times but, maybe it's my video card that doesn't give me a lot of distance, but I have a hard time getting kills - with the exeption of the 4 or 5 rams that I've gotten trying to bomb run the carrier. I've never played with a joy stick until recently - the flying part I'm getting the hang of, it's the shooting part i need work on.

on a flying note, toetag showed me a really cool move saturday - fly over the airstrip, pull up until everything is upside down and then roll. Worked the third time - first and second, not so much. :dunno

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 5th, 2005, 09:44 AM
kind of an inverted split S...

For split "S": fly along roll upside down then pull back, you'll lose a lot of altitude, but you'll be headed right back where you were...I like this move

Biggs
December 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM
rgr goose...just let me know when

LA_MERC_BS
December 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
DUDE I GOT RIPPED!!!!

I went out and bought Special forces so I could get the super nub tube launcher. I had been saving one of my weapon unlocks since friday so I could get it. Now I find out that I have to unlock it in Special forces to be able to use it in BF2

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Did you play SF...load it up???
you should of gotten like 3-4 unlocks???
some got it as soon as they went in to SF, I got mine after I played a bit.

LA_MERC_BS
December 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
No I haven't played it yet. I'll do that for a little while when I get home from work. That should give me an hour to play SF before everyone gets home and starts playing on our server. There aint no way I'm gonna miss that. Theres no telling which one of you will get banned, team killed, purple hearted or just plain out aggravated at someone and I need to be there for every moment of the laughs.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM
LMFAO you nub...ya got to run it to get it...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

toE_TaG
December 9th, 2005, 11:36 AM
the new specops unlock is OK but the new support unlock (MG36) is deffinately worth getting!

as for flying.. i have no bloody clue what i'm doing when i get in a jet! gimme a helo anyday.

LA_MERC_BS
January 23rd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Yes its that time Again, I'm being promoted. I clocked in a crap load of hours this weekend. Got my Silver Aviator's badge and somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000 global points taking me over 50,000. So I assume that that when I log into a server tonight I should get promoted

http://bf2s.com/player/LA_MERC_BS/

Biggs
January 23rd, 2006, 09:04 AM
congrats nubs...nice to have u in the upper echelon of pwnage!

LA_MERC_goose
January 23rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
I'd say you'd get a promo on your first kill.

**note to self: stay off of all servers tonight.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==