PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problem

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 09:00 PM
i have an intilli optical mouse and a microsoft natural keyboard pro... and i have mouse and keyboard lag when i play cs... i have loaded the latest drivers and i have formatted my computer MANY times to try to fix the problem... i dont have a virus...i dont have directx 8.1 loaded (cause that caused a problem eariler for me) and when i play jedi knights 2 it doesnt lag for me at all... im running windows 2k... plz help!!!:werd

bighead
May 14th, 2002, 09:16 PM
I had the same problem when i had xp pro on this box..so i just loaded win98 on this one and kept xp on another..since this is my gamer box

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
May 14th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I have the same keyboard and mouse. I have had no problems with mine. I am running Windows 2000.

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 09:55 PM
well i dont know what else to do.. RP are you using the latest drivers and directx 8.1?

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 10:09 PM
how do you know red...? just wondering?

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
May 14th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Yeah. I just upgraded to win2k from win98. I have had no problems with either one.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
May 14th, 2002, 10:10 PM
He help me build the computer and we downloaded the drivers together.

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 10:28 PM
haha

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 10:29 PM
do you guys have any idea on what i should do...

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 11:07 PM
my system is maybe 2 years old keyboard and mouse are rum with usb... no heat problem... geforce 3 so yes... i dont know if i have updated mobo drivers... pribbily not... but the thing is i havent really had this problem till like 2 weeks ago

Corona
May 14th, 2002, 11:09 PM
and i reformated like 2 days ago... and still have the problem
and updated all the drivers for cards ect...

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
May 15th, 2002, 01:31 AM
man i have no clue. I don't know alot about computers anyway....still learning....if I had any ideas I would post them for sure...but I don't have a clue.

LA_MERC_jubae
May 15th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Next ime don't let drunk friends play on CS on your machine and when they start losing get all j00ky and slam the mouse into the table a few hundred times.............just a thought.......j/k. Corona and I have been working on this problem for awhile, stumping us both. I mentioned maybe trying a ps2 mouse and keyboard, just to see if that might be a quick fix, but not sure if he has done that or not.

Youmight want to try not relaying your mouse through your keyboard. Instead of daisy chaining, try just plugging each one is seperately. That may help.

If all else fails, try the remedy that really fixes all problems. Through it out the highest window possible, and watch it plumit to the ground and shatter into a million pieces, laugh evily, and go back to what you were doing before.

jubae

[lag]Zen
May 15th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I have two things for you to try:

1)

Go into your sound configuration and move the hardware sound processing down to low. If this causes counterstrike to crash go to the next solution. This was my fix for cs 1.3 when i had mouse and keyboard lag, but I had to go to the below fix.

2)

Go to the processes on your system by hitting ctl-alt-del and going to processes. Set the priority on your mouse and keyboard, i.e. Point32 Type32 , to High or Realtime. High should be able to fix it. This is the solution that I am using to get rid of the keyboard and mouse lag.

This is an ongoing problem with Windows and half-life. Many of the forums have posted problems like the one that you are having. There is no real apparent fix out yet, either windows or valve will have to put out an update to fix this problem. The two methods above are just work-arounds.

Hope this helps.

Corona
May 15th, 2002, 09:13 PM
well i have tried both options and they dont work for me... i wish but they dont... any other good suggestions... anyone... anyone at all?...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==