PDA

View Full Version : NEW BF2 MAP: New Olreans: Kartrina's Wrath

Biggs
November 28th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Ok here is what i envision. I would make it a small map with like 5 flags. 2 of those flags would be uncapable main bases.

The setting: Streets of NOLA with that water u can walk through like on sounghu stalemate. the water will be on about half the map. The scenery would consist of buildings from the BFSF cause they have building new and ruined in that game that can just be placed on our map. we could use the hotel from sharki and stuff.

flag 1: would be in a section of town with water and the flag will be on a house roof top. the only way to get this flag is by water or blackhawk. this flag will represent the 9th ward with all the people on roof tops getting rescued.

flag 2: the superdome. (or something close to it) where ther will be mass chaos and stuff.

Flag 3. will be the center flag where the fight mostly happens. It will be like downtown. the "gangs" should have positions set up with mg's and snipers on roof tops. the usmc will have to take out the gangs street by street

Vehicles:
USMC: lav, blackhawk, boats

Gangs/Looters: pickup trucks from BFSF, stolen center console boats with mounted MG's, russian lav cause that would make **** even.

*also: the looters/gangs will have their main base in a liquer store or a walmart with the store just whacked up from the looting.

*the USMC main will be the carrier based in the Mississippi river with a portion of the riverwalk.

In order for the blackhawk to be evened out the looters will be given a stinger site at the flag closest to their main.

I envision a small map that wont be to envoled to make. i dunno how to make a map but i have plenty of ideas.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 29th, 2005, 06:01 AM
great idea! Now get to work designing!

Biggs
November 29th, 2005, 07:42 AM
i dont know how....i need help..remember i an andy's uber delete buddy....

but seriously..would u guys wanna colaborate on this?

LA_MERC_Onji
November 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
first youll need the mod editor and mod tutorials:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp

Here is a real good faq on how to make certain things:
http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=24324

Dedicated forum for the bf2 editor ran by EA guys
http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/

And here is the entire subforum dedicated to mapping:
http://forums.totalbf2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

(i havent messed with bf2 mapping yet :( )

Wyrm_f00d
November 29th, 2005, 09:22 AM
sounds like a great idea and i'd luv to help, but i gotz no skillz for that...

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 29th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I'll help! Sounds like a great idea! Only thing...how would you get the map out there? No server to host the map on unless you formed an alliance with a group that has their own server...

LA_MERC_Onji
November 29th, 2005, 09:54 AM
yeah, the map will first have to be posted on these mod forums. You'll get alot of feedback on whats good / bad / needs improved. May want to release it as a beta map at first, then then tweak. If its good enough, the server admins that run dedicated custom map servers will pick it up and put it in their rotation.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 29th, 2005, 11:03 AM
yeah we can all pitch in w00t!
I have d/l some custom maps from fileplanet, that are pretty sweet i will test them out and maybe we can go find a server with these if we want to one night.
one is a giant testtrack map with crazy jumps and all the vehicles.
then another is the el alemin from bf1942
then another is eastling from DC
they have so many out there but none are ranked of course :(

LA_MERC_Onji
November 29th, 2005, 11:20 AM
yeah we can all pitch in w00t!
I have d/l some custom maps from fileplanet, that are pretty sweet i will test them out and maybe we can go find a server with these if we want to one night.
one is a giant testtrack map with crazy jumps and all the vehicles.
then another is the el alemin from bf1942
then another is eastling from DC
they have so many out there but none are ranked of course :(

yeah i like that idea, maybe once a week we can have a 'fun night' and go play on custom map servers

Biggs
November 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
el al for bf2....did i hear jet pwnage
easting for bf2....did i smell tank pwnage

ok so maybe, i can draw up the map on some paper then post it on the website so u guys can add and take off some stuff and give u ideas. of course it wont be 3d but it will give the basic idea of the layout and stuff.

what i would really wanna know is if we could make this a MERC project, cause to be honest i can think the stuff up but i can't make a map or any of that stuff.

oh and the map would be perfect for the lan...dude it would kick as for a lan....sweetness!

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 29th, 2005, 05:17 PM
make sure you put some BellSouth vans running around the city. lmao

Biggs
November 29th, 2005, 06:14 PM
yeah...we can reskin the mec vodnik too, with a white paint job and bellsouth and/or entergy on them....sweet idea dirge

LA_MERC_Spark
November 30th, 2005, 07:50 AM
got the editor...got my rig in my office....got kvm switch to hide my efforts from boss.....gonna learn how to use this thing and get to creating teh l337 maps!

Biggs
December 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
ok so i am abou to begin the home map for the lamercs...."NALA: Day 2"

Biggs
December 9th, 2005, 07:39 PM
f this...i cant figure this crap out....mutha fer and my ideas and drawing are bad ars too........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure it's NOLA, not NALA.

Hope that helps!

Biggs
December 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
eat crap

Biggs
December 10th, 2005, 07:12 AM
ok....3 hours later and i all got is the file name and map name done........omfg i wanna kill myself

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 10th, 2005, 08:08 AM
lmao...rough stuff..James and Andy are our only hope...ut oh :p:

Biggs
December 10th, 2005, 08:14 AM
well...i got some drawings made up with my ideas...i got the city layout on the map...and i got the flag points and lmg's set up...as well as the vehicles spawns and stuff....but its all on paper.

LA_MERC_Onji
December 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM
spark is in the process of learning the mapping stuff, he's getting pretty good. check out the map he made.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
the 1st one he posted? I thought someone said it messed up durring loading?

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 10th, 2005, 12:20 PM
pay attention, he's been back at it! lol

LA_MERC_Onji
December 10th, 2005, 12:40 PM
this is his 2nd attempt:
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14923

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==