PDA

View Full Version : media player all whacked out!

Biggs
September 29th, 2005, 03:07 PM
hey guys,
i tried to watch that mine bf2 video and my windows media player was all messed up. so i thried to watch something else and it was still my media player.

heres the problem: when it plays the colors are all inverted. insted of being regular colors it is like a rainbow, eveything is either yellow, green, blue, or red.

wtf?

how do i get it to view right? any help would be appriciated. thanks

MindWerks
September 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Are you sure the correct codex is being used to play the movie? Maybe the Media player is trying to use a version thats not quite right or outdated. This might cause the problems you are having... just a guess though.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 29th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I have been having the same problem on my home PC, still havent figured it out.

Biggs
September 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
so....how can i fix it?

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Is it on EVERY video or just this one? What types of files are you playing? (divx, mpeg, mpg)

|Team Moped| Kripto
September 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I've had trouble since I reformated and downloaded the new version of WMP. I was going to try and download a Codac pack and see if that fixed my problems... Girls aren't as attractive when you cant see their..a... face!

Biggs
September 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM
its with every video, i tried to watch that bf2 "mine" video and just got it playing with sound and those crazy colors.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 29th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Well I havent fixed mine, and it only seams to happen with streaming video, and some stuff that I D/L to watch. But mines been screwed up since I reformated my machine

Biggs
September 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
i just downloaded the new media player 10 from microsoft.com and it works fine. i had media 9 that came with xp.

LA_MERC_Onji
September 29th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Glad you got it fixed. Sorry I didnt see this sooner. I would suggest loading the ace mega codec pack. This has every codec you'll ever need. Every time I format a pc, i immedately throw this on. Lets you watch anything. Highly suggested.

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/acemega_codec.html

Biggs
September 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM
sweet, will go get asap. thanks onjitsu

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==