PDA

View Full Version : Network and Process help

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 28th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Recently I've been having some trouble with my ping while playing BF2. It tends to bouce around pretty bad and not just when other people lag. So I'm curious what I can do to make sure my network is running at it's best.

Presently I have the router/modem that came with my dsl and I'm sure it's a bucket, but I'm a cheapo and not sure getting a name brand router would really make a difference. I just had Onji help me turn off my wireless because I don't have a wireless setup and because I think someone was leeching off me. The wireless lan light would blink a lot which made me think it was open, and it was. But it's been off for a couple days now and I'm still having lag issues while gaming.

A while ago I recall someone posting a screen shot of their processes that their CPU was doing and how few he had running. How can I tune my PC to get it running at a minimum of proccesses? Is it possible to turn windows messager off for good? Every time I restart my computer it shows back up on my taskbar. I've turned it off in msconfig more times than I care to think about and after my first reboot it's not there. But as soon as I restart my computer again it's back in the saddle.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==