PDA

View Full Version : Monitor problem...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
My monitor for the last 2 days has been emmiting a high pitched squeal that only dogs should be able to hear. Is it dying? Anybody have a clue what could be causing it?

BTW, it is a KDS 17" CRT...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 12th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Sounds like the power supply in the thing is going out, Just a guess... Either way if its doing that its probly no go to make to much longer...:(

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 12th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Some monitors just make a high pitched noise (I had one like that once). Could be any number of components inside. I've never had one that made the noise do anything drastic (one in a lab that I had was like that for the 2+ years that I worked there)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Some monitors just make a high pitched noise (I had one like that once). Could be any number of components inside. I've never had one that made the noise do anything drastic (one in a lab that I had was like that for the 2+ years that I worked there)

BLA BLA BLA,
you just got to go and contradict me, why cant you just be gloom and doom and help me dig a grave for the poor dying monitor.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 12th, 2005, 02:44 PM
**For The Yeller Dawg**

Monitors can explode frmo time to time...and you could die...

**end for the Dawg**

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 12th, 2005, 10:02 PM
**For The Yeller Dawg**

Monitors can explode frmo time to time...and you could die...

**end for the Dawg**

LMFAO!! Now thats more like it Tech, you da man :) !!!

Nyc.Coqui
August 18th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Dude exploding monitors are not Cool...AND THAT GAS IN THEM UGH HEADACHE CENTRAL LEARNED that during the time of throwing out old inventory like 200 monitors went smash that day....!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==