PDA

View Full Version : clb.dll file problem

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 9th, 2005, 08:32 AM
I have a laptop with a dll problem. Some programs won't run because it says its missing the clb.dll file. The laptop runs fine with the excpetion of a few programms that show this error. Any ideas. I tried running RegScrubXP to fix the registry but unfortunately one of the programs that won't run becasue its missing the clb.dll file is Registry Cleaner Program.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 9th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Download this file (its the clb.dll file) clb.dll (http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/clb.dll)(this is for winxp, not xp64)

Save it to c:\windows\system32

Goto start-->run

Type in: regsvr32 clb.dll

Click OK

Reboot

See if that helps at all

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 9th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Check c:\windows\system32\ for clb.dll and if missing expand it from the disk or copy and paste and rename it to clb.dll from clb.dl_ as it appears ont he cd in the i386 folder. expand :\i386\clb.dl_ c:\windows\system32\clb.dll

He might want to copy it from the cd. I thought I remember Andy say he was using the 64 bit version of windows. Wouldn't want to get versions mixed up.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys. The laptop is regular 32 bit windows. I run XP 64 on my home PC which is not the PC with the problem. I'll let you know if these ideas help. Thanks.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 10th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Ok, guys. I did as Darren stated and it seemed to work but when I run the regsvr32 clb.dll command is says it can not put file in sequence. All the programs seem to work right now (I guess becuase the file is now in the right folder) but what does that mean. Also Darren I put it into c:\WINNT\system32. I didn't have a windows folder. The laptop has Windows XP (32 bit) OS. Any other ideas. Like I said, it seems to be working fine now but I want to make sure I didn't miss something. Should I try what Toby said just to see if it can order things correctly. Thanks for all the help thus far guys.

P.S. Hope to see you in BF2 again Tobster. That was fun last night.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 10th, 2005, 07:24 AM
if its working, and it aint broke, dont try to fix it further :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 10th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Lol, Uhhhmmmmm, OK. Sounds logical to me. But it's not quite fixed. The CD player works but won't play music. Usually on my desktop when that happens the cable from the CD drive to the Mobo has come loose but do they have wires like that for laptops. Not sure what to do for that one.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
not sure about a cable on the cdrom, but in the volume settings, there is a slider specifically for 'cd player'. make sure it isnt muted or low, ive overlooked that a couple times

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 10th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Mute and Volume setting are OK. I think this guy has a software problem. This is what he told me "The CD player does work with data CD’s. The audio tracks from the audio CD are recognized in Explorer, but will not play. Currently, iTunes is the default player for CD audio files. iTunes does not recognize the CD at all. When I run CD diagnostics in iTunes a failure reading the drive is reported. Windows Media Player does recognize the tracks, but returns error “Failure to find specified file”, when attempting to play." Sounds to me like an iTunes problem. Any suggestions on that.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 10th, 2005, 10:02 AM
ya got me there, never used itunes

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I told him to re-install and see if that works. Usually does the trick for me.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==