PDA

View Full Version : Ribbons and Medals

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Looking through the award and ribbon section from the Updated: Awards thread Onji put up I've determined what I actually have a chance to get.

Awards

I should be able to get most of the veteran awards. It will just take time to amass the 250 Global Hours for the kits. Knife and Pistol are the only ones that have zero time requirement so I should defenately get them.

Ribbons

Valorous Unit Ribbon
. 25 Global Hours as Squad Member
· 25 Global Hours as Squad Leader
· Team Score of 55 in 1 Round (Reviving/Healing/Re-Supplying, Capturing/Defending/Neutralizing Control Points)

Legion of Merit
· 400 Global Hours of Playing Time
· Global Best Kill Streak of 10
· Global Worst Death Streak of 8 or greater
· Team Score of 50 in 1 Round (Reviving/Healing/Re-Supplying, Capturing/Defending/Neutralizing Control Points)

Helicopter Service Ribbon
· 15 Minutes in Helicopter
· 19 Kills in Helicopter

Good Conduct Ribbon
· 250 Global Hours of Play Time
· 14 Kills in One Round
· No Team Kills in the round you receive the medal
· No Team Damage in the round you receive the medal

Distinguished Service Ribbon
· 10 Global Hours as Squad Member
· 10 Global Hours as Squad Leader
· 10 Global Hours as Commander
· Team Score of 15 in 1 Round (Reviving/Healing/Re-Supplying, Capturing/Defending/Neutralizing Control Points)

Medals

Combat Infantry Medal
· 500 Global Hours Played in Total
· Basic Knife Combat
· Basic Pistol Combat
· Basic Assault Combat
· Basic Anti-Tank Combat
· Basic Sniper Combat
· Basic Support Combat
· Basic Spec Ops Combat
· Basic Engineer Combat
· Basic Medic Combat
· Playing for 34 minutes in a server

Combat Action Medal
· 3000 Global Hours played in Total
· 25,000 Global Kills in Total
· 25 Kills (Kill Streak - No Deaths)
· Playing for 33 minutes in a server

Realistically that's about it. Maybe a few other medals and ribbons but I'm going to have to play a ton and get a lot better in the vehicals to have a chance at those ribbons and medals. At my current play rate it will take me 5 months to get to 250 Global hours to be eligable for veteran status on the most of the kits and to get the Good Conduct Ribbon. Kinda scary now that I think about it.

What's everyone else think they can get or are shooting for?

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 28th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Valorious unit ribbon is cake if we get a good blackhawk run...I would of gotten that last night if I wasn't commander, doh
Almost have the 10 hrs as commander for the Dist serv medal

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 28th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Shut the hell up. There is to be no more talk of awards and ribbons. It's all a dman debauckle (spelling). I hate BF2.

LA_MERC_BS
July 28th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Valorious unit ribbon is cake if we get a good blackhawk run...

I got two medals and a ribbon from one Black Hawk ride.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I hear someone was robbed of another gold medal....

Biggs
July 28th, 2005, 10:30 AM
ok fellas, lets get some blackhawk time in then.

all we need is a pilot(medic), two gunners (class of choice), and repair guy (engi), and an anti tank sitting next to the engi.

i think with this combo we would be pwnage machines!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 28th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Blackhawk with one of the gunners being a supply guy is nice so the engineers and anti-tank can restock grenades, mines, and rockets. Yes Andy was robbed AGAIN last night. I need some squad leader and commander time badly.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
What happened this time.
Did your basic supply go through, I cannot see, but it looks like it in your sig?

What else happened?

Brent, we absolutely pawned last night, the whole squad was in the blackhawk and I was the commander, so we just captured spawn after spawn , and I would drop arty and uav's when needed. It was awesome, Supy or med on guns, engi's in the back
pilot either eng, med or sup, spec force on board or anti tank in back to take out tank campers!!!!

get on tonight and lets role!!

Biggs
July 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
yeah rgr tht, forgot about the supply guy, dude i will be there, pwnage city!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Yes the resupply award went through but the crew service ribbon did not again. I was also robbed of gold again. It's just not in the stars. I'll stop *****ing like an old woman now. I've excepted the fact the gods are angry and I will move on, build a bride, and get over it. I will be on tonight where I can show off my leet helo skills just to have a team kill times 5 when somebody rams me with another helo or plane. There's minus 10 in a heart beat.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 28th, 2005, 11:50 AM
P.S. Mike how do I fix my sig like yours.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
go to http://bf2.gamedrome.com
register with the server
it will then have an hyperlink to BF2 goodies or something.
one of the options is bf2 sigs...create your own
like Onji.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Not working Mike

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I need to log some more Flight time in the ol Helo. IF the wife has no plans then I will be in.

The pilot should be either medic or support.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Andy if you would check your PM's you would have seen my PM's telling you how to setup the gamedrome sig. I also sent you the link to bf2tracker that brent uses if you like them better.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 28th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah. I saw that, but was drinking that night, oops, stupid brain. Got it fixed now, Thanks guys.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 28th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Fix your spoon yet?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==