PDA

View Full Version : Free CPL spectator passes w00t

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 6th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, I saw this on the CPL site. Looks like some of us may be able to save a few pesos.

Check it out:

Intel is offering five-day free spectator passes starting Wednesday, May 8, 2002. Initially only 1,000 free spectator passes to the CPL Summer Championship Event will be offered.

Commencing on Wednesday, apply online for a free spectator pass at:
www.thecpl.com/register/?page=specpass&id=1

Notes:
1. The registration process requires a valid email address.
2. Only one pass per person (based on email address) is permitted.
3. Spectators can not bring computers or laptops to the event.
4. Members of the press should wait for press passes that will be available in June.
5. Passes are available on a first-come first-served basis and can not be reserved.
6. Once passes are all taken the online registration will automatically close.

IMPORTANT
The registration process is composed of two parts. You must first obtain a special "epass code" by entering your email address at the url listed above. The special code will be emailed to you shortly. The epass code is embeded to a special url that is included in the email, just click on the url contained in the email (or copy and paste it to a web browser) and then complete the registration process by entering all of the required information. This special registration process skips the payment step, as the spectator passes have been prepaid by Intel.

Waiting to complete the final step is not recommended, because the system can generate an infinite amount of epass codes, but it will only accept a pre-determined (1,000) registrations. Therefore, having an "epass code" does not equate to having a free spectator pass, unless the entire process is completed.

The spectator passes allow free access for five-days to the following activities and/or areas: the music concert, workshops, exhibitions, side-tournaments, spectator and visit the C3 display area. The retail value of each pass is $25.

For more information on the CPL Summer Championship event visit - www.thecpl.com/index.html?p=sc2002

cd
May 6th, 2002, 05:04 PM
What are the days on this? And here is an idea... Tuesday night lets all get in the MERC IRC room, and when time become available lets all register at same time.... Personally I think it's a good idea whether you plan on going to CPL or not... just let me know.

cd
May 7th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Not heard anything yet, anyone in?

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 8th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Well, it's Wednesday and the site is down. I don't know about these "professionals", lol.

cd
May 8th, 2002, 08:34 AM
lmao

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 8th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, the CPL pass site is up and functioning! Get you some.

cd
May 8th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Aight I registered... they gave me number and everything... now will they send me a ticket or something in the mail?

cd
May 8th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Cuz it has a number they said right down I will be asked for it at door... is that all I need?

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 8th, 2002, 07:46 PM
I guess so, I' kinda wondering that myself. i'll check into it.

[lag]DikDstrdly
May 9th, 2002, 09:52 PM
I got free passes for the last CPL, and what you do is bring your confirmation number with you, and they'll look you up in their database and give you a laminated neck pass with your name on it. Then it's all good from there on out. Remember with these passes you can SPECTATE only.

cd
May 10th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Aight... another question.. if for some reason I back out or dont want to go or something... Can I give me pass or number to someone else?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==