PDA

View Full Version : Ranked or Non-Ranked

MrBill
July 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Just curious how many players want to play on a ranked server as opposed non-rank. We've been looking at setting up a BF2 server for Jackson/Monroe/Shreveport--but as you Know--EA is not giving out the rank
scripting for free.

Take the Survey and let us know--thanks Bill/RR

:nam:

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 01:26 PM
no doubt on this one Mr Bill, no one wants to play on a unranked server when you can play on a ranked.

LA_MERC_Drifter
July 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM
:stu

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
July 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, it seems that you have a hard time even joining a ranked server. Its nice to see your stats from the game itself and unlock weapons as you go.

How much are they charging for the script?

MrBill
July 11th, 2005, 01:56 PM
The word has it that the Ranked servers are lagging because of the scripting involved--any opinions? I have never played on a ranked server that didn't have some lagg to it.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
July 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Was the lag noticed from the beginning or since the patch was released? As mentioned in another thread, EA has recoiled the patch due to memory leaks and it causing problems on servers and clients.

From what you heard, how was the scripting affecting lag? Was it using to much resources or the pipe to the servers housing the stats to small? How often do servers send / recieve info from the stats servers? Every map, round, or so many minutes?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 11th, 2005, 02:27 PM
No doubt, if you want to see any type of accomplishment Ranked is the way to go.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The lag was there on all ranked servers, but recently the server admins must have figured out some problem, because it has been reduced dramatically, the patch seemed to help this...but it was being changed before that came out. We had to go play on the german servers at first since they were the only ranked servers w/o lag.

LA_MERC_BS
July 11th, 2005, 02:36 PM
:dunno
I hate to blow my intelligence cover but, I have no idea what you just said Toby. I’ll just nod my head up and down like I understand the conversation and every once in a while go “hmmm, interesting”

MrBill
July 11th, 2005, 03:38 PM
The ranking script does seem to cause some lag because it's constantly writing information to the EA stats servers--how much lag I'm not really sure. It could be the account log in servers that also lag--too many servers
is not a good thing.

As for the cost of the EA scripts--we are still trying to find out.
:dunno

MrBill
July 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM
From EA---

IF you are playing on smaller maps (16-32 player) with a Broadband/DSL or better connection and experience lag only on ranked servers, it may be due to an out of date PunkBuster installation. PunkBuster has updated its software since the release of Battlefield 2 and playing with the older version could cause lowered performance in PunkBuster enabled servers (such as ranked servers).

For more information on updating PunkBuster, visit the PunkBuster Update page:

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 12th, 2005, 06:12 AM
yeah I updated mine and it did seem to help

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==