PDA

View Full Version : BF2 minimizing during game play

LA_MERC_BS
June 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Has anyone been having trouble with BF2 minimizing down while they were playing? It's not so bad when I'm on single player, but man it sucks when your in multiplayer. Especially when I'm the pilot of a full chopper. The chopper goes down in flames and everyone onboard wants to kill me. Is this something that everyone is experiencing or is it just me?
Now keep in mind that I just barely made the hardware requirements to play the game except for my cpu. I have a 1.3 and I think it calls for a 1.8 or so.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM
not here BS..onlky time I minimize is when I try to check the stats and talk over Teamspeak that is alt for scoreboard and tab for teamspeak....Doh!!
but yeah that would suck.

it is just so fun to raz Dirge, about a -19 score on TS....hehehe :p:

LA_MERC_Onji
June 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
BS try to watch for a pattern, is it when you hit certain keys?

LA_MERC_BS
June 28th, 2005, 03:18 PM
seems to be at random. It happens around 8 to 10 times within a 30 minute period. Could it be my tiny cpu?

LA_MERC_Onji
June 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
hmm, it just minimizes huh? it doesnt close right? or does it? If it was a cpu issue, i dont see how it would run to begin with
(ps, you should have a couple new forums in your list now :)

LA_MERC_BS
June 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Nah it doesn't close, just minimize. Probably some of my other crap I have on my Pc thats messing with it. Other than the minimizing thing, the game runs good.

WOOHOO, I'm missing an [r] , awww man I put the [r] on my BF2 game name. I guess I'll loose my 5 star general rank when I take the [r] off ..... DANG

LA_MERC_Onji
June 28th, 2005, 03:38 PM
i dont know if the windows key is disabled in bf2, but the key sequence to minimize everything is 'windows key' + 'm'

LA_MERC_BS
June 28th, 2005, 04:10 PM
I'll try to watch it tonight and see when it's happening the most.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
The windows key is disabled I think, atleast when I hit it nothing happens. Listen to Onji, he da man!

LA_MERC_BS
July 7th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Last night I jumped into a server that no one was in. Just me and all those empty vehicles. I stayed in the server almost an hour practicing flying and not once did the screen minimize. If I play in single player mode with the bots I have problems and if I play on line with everyone I have problems. Vid card? geforce 5700

MindWerks
July 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Sounds like you have a program running in the background that is stealing focus of the desktop. Try playing the game with as many background programs shut down as you can and see if you notice any difference.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==