PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Ep. III

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Got back from Florida earlier this afternoon and went to a private screening of Ep. III at a theater here in BR. there were 6 of us in the room with the biggest screen doing a "screen test" of the film they had just received this morning.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

non-stop action. it was a little dark though, darker than any other star wars movie, so if you have kids that want to see it, you might want to check it out first. it's both graphic (burn scene) and violent (Darth Vadar killing the youngling jedi)

This movie had me on the edge of my seat almost the whole time.

can't think of anything bad to say other than a few minor things:
wish they would have expanded on Tarful and Grevious's characters more
Anakin / Vadar's acting was kind of sub-par when he delivered his lines.

other than that, this movie has to be the best one yet.

I don't want to give too much away...but Anakin....becomes Darth Vadar...

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 17th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I don't want to give too much away...but Anakin....becomes Darth Vadar...

Damn....just go ahead a ruin it for the rest of us! LOL! I am excited to see it.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 17th, 2005, 06:50 PM
sweet, I'm not really surprised that Haydensen's performance was sub-par. He absolutely sucked arse in the last one. I think the puppets in Team America act better than he does.

Who is Tarful? I heard the Grievous battle scene is pretty bad arse.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 17th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Tarful is the leader of the big wookie army. And Chewie is by his side. Play republic comando and it will give you some background.

grevious fight scene with the 4 sabres is freakin awesome. I don't know how Obi-one wasn't crappin his pants. I just wish they would have gone more in depth about his collection of light sabres. they mention it, but don't elaborate or show how he got them. they also don't go into how his character came to be, that he is a human brain implanted in a seriously evil droid body. they also don't go into why he coughs the whole time. they should have just left that out (not had him cough) if they weren't going to explain it.

there's one other scene I think they messed up on, but i want to go watch it again to see for sure. Don't want to give anything away, but it involves grevious, some blast doors that are there and then a few minutes later they aren't there. it's in the opening space battle scene. (almost the entire movie is one big battle. they show both the X-wing and the TIE fighter in their beginning stages. I just wish they had more space battles)

LA_MERC_Temp
May 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM
i've got tickets to the midnight showing wednesday in hattiesburg. cant wait.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM
please remember guys, if you talk about the movie, and it gives away some of what happens, put the word SPOILERS in your title, even if you dont think your spoiling anything, you could still be for others, and use the spoiler tags, thanks :)

[ spoiler] spoiler text here [ /spoiler] <--without the spaces in the brackets

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 18th, 2005, 08:29 AM
sorry Onji, I thought I didn't say anything that wasn't in any of the trailers (except about the coughing)

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM
dammit CO you did it again!!!!! you....you....you...SPOILER!!!!!!

(I can't believe Anikan is Vader)

LA_MERC_Onji
May 18th, 2005, 09:36 AM
sorry Onji, I thought I didn't say anything that wasn't in any of the trailers (except about the coughing)

some people havent even watched the trailers in fear of ruining stuff hehe, no biggie tho

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 18th, 2005, 09:40 AM
doh, didn't think about that. everyone here has watched the trailers almost daily since they came out.

Sorry man.

You should see the lightsabre my boss has. he paid about $200 for it, he had it in the theater and in the dark it looks incredibly real. the light, the glow, the sounds, everything about it in the dark makes it seem real.

[lag]Zen
May 18th, 2005, 12:33 PM
For some background into some of those characters, the Clone Wars cartoons fill in some information between episode II and III

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM
yep, that's what I was hoping the movie would show a little of. but they don't, Grevious is just there, they don't develp his character at all and he's got a pretty big part. I know it would be hard for them to do much else, the entire movie is completely full of non-stop action and story line. I doubt there was much more than 5 minutes of down time (unlike the last 2 that had a bunch of mushy stuff epII and seemed to focus on the landscape too much instead of developing the story in epI)

This movie is awesome though. I will probably brave the crowds and go see it atleast once or twice more (gotta give some money to Lucas)

Omega_Prime
May 18th, 2005, 05:09 PM
watch the clone wars they explain everything you need to know about grevious. as far as hadens acting i though he did a great job when he wasnt in a love act with padme....not his fault the lines were bad. his best parts were when it got dark with the raiders and his cocky attitude....remember theres a reason he was whiney in II its part of his downfall he will not let go and thinks hes better than everyone.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 18th, 2005, 05:26 PM
yeah, but where he sucks in this one is when he comes to the conclusion that the Jedi are bad and that he needs to submit to palpatine in order to learn how to save Padme when she's in child birth. He's just kind of "yeah yeah, I'll submit to you" you don't see the turmoil he should be going through. The most emotion you see out of him is when he puts the vadar mask on.

that's al spoiler btw, so don't highlight it if ya don't want to know.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Saw it last night. Good movie, but not the best of the 6. It's not the lines that Hayden had that were bad, it was his delivery.

Posted my review in my blog...there are spoilers, you've been warned.

www.latech76.blogspot.com

Omega_Prime
May 20th, 2005, 07:20 AM
i loved it and i thought the acting was good and ewan stole the show...out of the 6 this is by far my fav. episode. empire is now #2 to me....granted there were a few acts that felt a little rushed but overall this movie was wow. i felt emotion and really did about half way through the film. out of a 10- 9:5:) due to a few acts that felt a little rushed.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Oh, I agree...Ewan was really the star of this one. Well, he and Sam Jackson...

Excellent movie, just not better than Empire, IMHO.

Omega_Prime
May 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
to me yoda was a big player to and my god did he not look like the puppet from empire? great job they did on him. christian played the part well i think to really well when he got mad and upset.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
The part I didn't really care for is when Palpatine was fighting the Jedi with the saber before he gets disarmed...he looks like he's really clumsy with the lightsaber and stuff...didn't make much sense for a Sith lord to be that clumsy looking to me.

Omega_Prime
May 20th, 2005, 04:21 PM
hes just insane and wacko just pure hate fighting skills.

LA_MERC_BS
May 21st, 2005, 11:19 AM
I think III is the best of the bunch. I'm glad that Lucas didn't try to shove a cute and furry little character in our faces this time. The only thing I wish Lucas would have put in this one is about 20 young-lings hacking jar jar binks to death. Now that would have been entertainment. The only really really bad acting I noticed was the Frankinstein moves that Vadar pulled coming off the table.

LA_MERC_goose
May 21st, 2005, 12:56 PM
Awesome movie, I was well entertained and I will admit the fight scenes are awesome, down right awesome.

Omega_Prime
May 21st, 2005, 02:01 PM
revege brought in over 50 million on thursday and a est 35mill on friday just wow! the midnight screens brough in 17 mill early thursday morning making it the new record holder over shrek 2 and i think it will top spideys opening day weekend by sat.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 21st, 2005, 03:24 PM
I wonder how that compares when you rank all movies together, adjusting for inflation?

Anyhoo, I just "watched" the movie and thought it was good. Some of the flow was herky-jerky imo, but I thought all in all it was pretty good. Even ole "I can't act" did a good job, except for the scene right before he gets mowed down by Kenobi. Of course, it doesn't help his acting skills with Ewan doing such a good job.

So my big questions is...

No mention of clones as troopers in episdoes 4-6, and subsequent novels mention that the clones were not around anymore. Does that mean that the clones were no longer used, and the Galactic Empire was populated by normal humans?

LA_MERC_Heater
May 21st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Seen it today and i like it.Was a good movie that tied everything together.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 22nd, 2005, 07:24 AM
So my big questions is...

No mention of clones as troopers in episdoes 4-6, and subsequent novels mention that the clones were not around anymore. Does that mean that the clones were no longer used, and the Galactic Empire was populated by normal humans?

Based on what I have read and seen discussed on Star Wars.com, that is correct.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 22nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
I really enjoyed the movie. Ewan rocked and portrayed Alec Guinness's acting very well. I wished they could have done something different when Yoda mentioned Qui Gon Gin. I felt that was hurried. I will probably go back and see it again to catch the details that I missed.

:jk2

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Yes Robby, Majority of all clones die in the early part of the war and are subsequently replaced by peeps from the 1000's of star systems the newly formed empire is there to keep peace for. All in all they tied the movies together very well in this one. My biggest concern is in ep 4 where obi tell luke that yoda was his master, until this one I was always saying why did obi say that when qui-gon was his master, good job lucas. I didn't like the fact that during the opening space battle that when the droids are bumped off the star fighter they fly off backwards at 200 miles and hour like there wind in space. I can let the explosions go for movie drama sakes but they could have tried better on that one. I also agree that when Vadar comes off the table the frankenstien move was hokie, but it is a great movie. Empire is still my favorite cause you just can't match the AT-AT.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Empire is still my favorite cause you just can't match the AT-AT.

hell yeah...I couldn't agree more.

Nyc.Coqui
May 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Question What If Mace Windu Didnt Die....Ok they cut his arm off and Shocked Him But ummmm everytime a jedi gets thrown out a window they land on a Ship of some sort....
Just A Tought..

Nyc.Coqui
May 28th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Jedi kids kick ass!!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 31st, 2005, 11:49 AM
Well, the fact you never hear from him again throughout episodes 4 5 and 6 probably means he went the way of the dodo bird.

P.S. Did anyone know that the last Dodo bird was killed in 1681.

Texas_Lawdog
May 31st, 2005, 03:32 PM
GOOD FACT

Nyc.Coqui
May 31st, 2005, 07:58 PM
Mace Windu Cant Die!!! He's Black!!!!!! LMAO!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 31st, 2005, 08:00 PM
Mace survived. he landed in front of a bar and they gave him a Samuel Jackson beer to ease the pain.

LA_MERC_Temp
May 31st, 2005, 09:11 PM
"I'M NOT YELLING, THATS THE WAY I TALK" "HAVENT YOU SEEN MY MOVIES" "YES I HOPE THEY DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL".

Yall need to get season 2 on dvd, the outakes are hilarious.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 1st, 2005, 07:38 AM
HAHA was watching season 2 the other night. His outfit in that skit cracked me up too.

You could see that come out in him during Ep.III too. when Anakin tells him palpatine is a Sith Lord... "A SITH LORRRD??? Are you CERTAIN?"

when he confronts palpatine, I expected him to walk in and say "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers....." or atleast "Ohh Excuse ME, Did I break your concentration?"

(no spoiler tags cause the movie's been out for 2 weeks, and if you are even close to being a SW fan you would have seen it by now)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==