PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Benjamin

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 2nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Ok,

Bought the "We are not alone" cd last night. It freakin rocks. I watched that HL2 video so much that I decided I wanted to hear more from them, and, besides a couple songs, the whole CD is great.

Very heavy on the bass guitar, but the lead guitar is fantastic. All around a good album.

Anyone else listen to them? Any other group that is similar?

LT

LA_MERC_Onji
May 2nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
yeah breaking benjamin is good stuff, tech try Chevelle, they have a good sound, but its not for everyone, i love it tho, they just grow on you:

Chevelle - Vitamin R.mp3 (http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/songs/Chevelle_-_Vitamin_R.mp3)

LA_MERC_Shadow
May 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
I got both Chevelle albums and the breaking benjamin also. I did the same thing tech, watched the breen videa and went out and bought the album. The first chevelle album is a little harder and better.

NoXiOuS
May 4th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Ohhhhh yall are in my taste in music now.
I shall compile a list for you guys to check out:
Sinch
Strata
Deftones
Seven Wiser
Finch
Bloodsimple
Mudvayne
Blindside
Edgewater
Lo-Pro
Eighteen Visions
Adema
Audioslave
Avenged Sevenfold

ill stop for now.

Maximus
May 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Mudvayne?! They're not even in the same realm as Breaking Benjamin...K, well, they still rock out, but honesly Tech, I'd recommend Submersed...They sing a song called Hollow out on the radio right now, but the whole CD is just friggin AWESOME!!! Good props on Chevelle too though...I love their newer stuff...

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 4th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks, guys...am going to look for some of that today

NoXiOuS
May 4th, 2005, 10:07 AM
yeah submersed is awesome!
"you run" is an awesome song.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
OMG I LOVE FREAKING BREAKING BENJAMIN!!!!!!!

NoXiOuS
May 4th, 2005, 10:42 AM
i managed to see them live, but it was before they released their new record.
they played lafayette with godsmack.
but alas, i was drunk, but i wasnt too drunk to remember.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 4th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Come on, DL...tell us how you REALLY feel... ;)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
LOL... That dang song "SO COLD" and "SOONER OR LATER" ahh my favorites!!! Yup thats my band!!!

I like Crossfades song "cold" thats a good one to....

ahhh Breaking Benjamin..... Great group....

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM
yeah breaking benjamin is good stuff, tech try Chevelle, they have a good sound, but its not for everyone, i love it tho, they just grow on you:

Chevelle - Vitamin R.mp3 (http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/songs/Chevelle_-_Vitamin_R.mp3)

Oh Oh Oh I just now clicked on the link DANG I LOVE THEM TO just didn't know who sang that song tho... They are great also..

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
You can usually tell the singers voice for Chevelle, just kinda sticks out in my mind.

LA_MERC_goose
May 5th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I like Crossfades song "cold" thats a good one to....

I was actually a few blocks away from where they shot the video for Cold - the band is from Columbia, SC and the video was shot at one of the clubs where they use to play alot and my former employer was only a few blocks (maybe 1/2 mile or so) from the club.

Crossfade
Breaking Benjamin
Stone Sour
Seether
Audioslave
Alter Bridge
Linkin Park

I'm werd, I know. lol :D

Maximus
May 5th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Crossfade...Good stuff too! Ahhh yeah, Seether...almost forgot about that!!! How could I let that slip my mind!?

NoXiOuS
May 5th, 2005, 03:59 PM
New seether album soon, and Staind has just finished recording their new one.
And you guys need to check out Avenged Sevenfold.
Is there any way I can upload one of their songs for you guys to hear?

this is also their newest song, its free, and legal.
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/cityofevil/a7xdownload.htm

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 5th, 2005, 04:27 PM
OMG I LOVE STAIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering were they ran off to. I told Dragon that they must be recording or something because I havn't heard any new songs... I'm glad to see that!! I CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Damn Nox...that's not bad at all...it goes from sounding like Pantera, to 80's hair, to modern hard rock and then back to Pantera...freakin awesome. Nice guitar

NoXiOuS
May 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM
hey tech , get with me on aim, i can hook you up with some more. that's all there is from the new cd, due out in june.
but i have their last two cds.

aim is ne0hybrid.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==