PDA

View Full Version : Network problem at home

LA_MERC_Temp
April 14th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Aight, he's what i got. My internet began running in spurts about 2 nights ago. Web pages would load slow and then a few minutes later be back to normal. When i say slow i mean several minutes per page. Then last night i couldnt view webpages at all. The wierd thing is that even though webpages loaded slowly, cs wasnt affected at all.

I thought it may have been my router but it did the same thing once i connected straight to the cable modem. but then after all my troubleshooting i cant play cs anymore now. i've got a linksys wireless g router with speedbooster that runs two computers on hardwire and 3 computers wireless. its been like this for about 3 months with no lag at all. the power did go out a couple times two days ago so the only thing i can come up with is that maybe the cable modem is out. so i'm gonna contact comcast to see what they think. i rent their modem so i should be able to get a new one if i need it.

any other suggestions....

LA_MERC_Sabre
April 14th, 2005, 08:10 AM
click your heels together 3 times and say: "there's no problems with my connection"....repeat this until action is taken.

:)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 14th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Have you ran speed test? Trace routes?

LA_MERC_Temp
April 14th, 2005, 09:39 AM
I think i found the problem. After talking to several people i work with they also had problems with their comcast. I then found this, http://news.com.com/Another+broadband+outage+strikes+Comcast/2100-1034_3-5669961.html , so i hope i'm back up when i get home.

i couldnt even ping anything last night. websites were the only things that didnt work. i could play cs fine.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 14th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I was experiencing the same thing here in Charleston, SC.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 14th, 2005, 12:12 PM
cable modems are da debil

ADSL r0x! LOL

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 15th, 2005, 07:54 AM
It looks like Comcast is still having intermittant problems. I would look into using alternate DNS until they get their crap straight.

LA_MERC_Temp
April 15th, 2005, 07:59 AM
yeah, i found that out yesterday at work. when i got home everything worked great.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==