PDA

View Full Version : Starwars EP3 trailer with a twist

LA_MERC_Onji
March 24th, 2005, 01:38 PM
lmao. someone put subtitles on the new episode 3 trailer. Subs only gamers can appreciate, check it out:

http://www.rpi.edu/~mercij/rofl/SW_ep3_trailer_captioned.wmv

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
lmao, that was great!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 24th, 2005, 02:19 PM
HAHAH "Stop TKing...." was freakin great.

Nyc.Coqui
March 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Ahhh the subz were kinda lame but ugh i wanna see the movie!!!!!!!......Lucas Is a evil cornhole....must view.....BOOTLEG HERE I COME LMAO

Sniper
March 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM
dat was tuh roxors

LA_MERC_BS
March 29th, 2005, 07:45 AM
lol, very funny

LA_MERC_BS
March 29th, 2005, 08:14 AM
You know if you look back on all the other episodes, you'll notice a marketing shift. Star Wars had a little bit of everything in it as far as action, humor and good story line. The Empire strikes back was even better. Return of the Jedi just flat out sucked. Instead of naming the movie "Return of the Jedi" maybe it should have been called "Meet the Ewoks" because that was the whole movie. It should have been a climatic end to battle between good (Dark Side) and evil (pesty Jedi), instead it was more of a care bears story of how a two foot tall teddy bear could beat a bunch of storm troopers with rope and timber. I think Lucas was leaning toward very young children in an attempt to sell action figures, instead of his die hard fans.
Phantom Menace was better, but you can see where he still once again tried to appeal to a younger audiance with that Jar Jar Binks. Man did that blow up in his face. Die hard fans hated Binks. The NAACP attacked Lucas saying that Lucas was making fun of African Americans with the Binks character. I doubt very seriously that was his intention.
I think in Attack of the Clones, Lucas dish ragged Binks and showed very little of him. Seems like Lucas was getting back to the roots of Star Wars a little bit. From seeing the trailers on Return of the Sith, Looks like this is going to be more like the original Star Wars. Looks like a lot more action and a lot less appealing to children in an attempt to sell action figures.

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 29th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I don't know BS, I think Return of the Jedi was a pretty good movie. Every Star Wars film has some type of character that is in the 'spotlight'...with Return of the Jedi it was the Ewoks....Empire, it was the 'ice monster' and Jabba.....Star Wars, those little guys who picked up C3PO and R2D2 (can't remember their name)....Phantom Menace, Jar Jar's......Attack of the Clones, I've only seen it once so I can't remember....doh!

my point is, all the movies have some sort of undesirable characters that are thrown in....especially in Phantom...even more annoying than Binks was Annikan...I mean that kid COULD NOT ACT.....he ruined that movie for me...not binks.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 29th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, that kid was crap. so was binks. Other than the part with Ewoks, return of the jedi was a great movie. the best space battles out of the first 3 movies.

ohh, and sabre, jabba wasn't in Empire strikes back. hehe (and the little guys with cloaks were Umpa Lumpa's....I mean Jawa's)

LA_MERC_BS
March 29th, 2005, 09:47 AM
yeah that kid was terrible. We'll probably never see that kid in another movie again lol...... hopefully.

Nyc.Coqui
March 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Ok i dont know about you guys But i grew up on star wars....ive like owned every toy lightsaber gun...game!!! everything...... And too see the last too released movies were sweet....But i agree that lil kid was annoying and needed to die.....Binks Was Cool....And yes every movie had a spot light moment such as seeing Yoda Beat Some #ss for the first time.....And the new one looks the most dramatic....Common ya see the queen crying and stuff for her man becoming evil..... JEDI'S LOOKED PISSED OFF....THAT OLD DUDE LOOKS LIKE HE'S GONNA BEAT SOME JEDI DOWN...THAT ARMY LOOKS HUGE......DAMN I CANT WAIT!!! THIS HAS kill death and destroy all over it....plus i dont think it will be the last star wars movie either.....

Nyc.Coqui
March 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM
P.S CHEWIE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
well, they are making a TV sitcom out of star wars. maybe sitcom isn't the right title, but they are going to make a star wars series on TV (not animated either)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 29th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Chewie does kick butt! I just can't believe they killed him off like they did in the novels (New Jedi Order series)

LA_MERC_BS
March 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM
The best part of the trailer was when Mace Windu came in to arrest Palpatin.

ARE YOU THREATENING ME JEDI?

That was awesome!! I put in for vacation for the 18th 19th and 20th to get ready for the movie. I think me and a buddy of mine are camping out in front of the theater for this one. You'll probably read about me in the paper. "Two retards were arrested at a local theater today after they refused to go home after seeing A movie 13 times" .

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 29th, 2005, 01:56 PM
uhh...BS....may I direct you to a thing called "internet" where you can "purchase" tickets "in advace" so there is no need to camp out as if it were May 1983 and RoTJ hit the theaters (Al Gore had not invented the internet at that time)

Fandango (http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=84554&txtCityZip=)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM
sweet, found a few other shows on there such as:
spiderman 3 (http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=85822) May 4, 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=90541) July 2006

Nyc.Coqui
March 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Lmao let me know i will bring the tent and we can make some jabba treats and stuff and hum the theme song till they raid us!!!

LA_MERC_Heater
March 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I cant wait to go see this.I will be first in line.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==