PDA

View Full Version : CS:Source Question

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Will skins that worked with 1.6 also work with Source, or do I need skins specifically for Source? Same question for sprites as well.

Thanks
Widow

HENK
March 23rd, 2005, 08:06 PM
u mean like weapon skins ? u think those are gonna help you ,muhahahahah

Welcome
Henk

HENK
March 23rd, 2005, 08:07 PM
no seriously,u will need new ones.just do a search ,i know there is some out there!

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 23rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
You're a DORK!

Thank you, though. I'm trying to get each team to all wear the same as their teammates. One of my problems (among the numerous) is my hesitation to shoot because I can't tell what team a player is on. I'm looking at different crosshairs as well. I just can't see like I used to! I've done quite a bit of looking and have found some, but I really thought there would be tons of them. I'd love to make one team bright yellow or something. That would rock!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 24th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Yellow? Woman, we're not line dancing we're killing each other.

LA_MERC_goose
March 24th, 2005, 05:32 AM
we're not line dancing we're killing each other.
I didn't get that memo! :stick

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 24th, 2005, 07:38 AM
LOL this is a furrny thread...

Hey Widow, in 1.4 and 1.5 there was Red and Green guys mod that made all the T's Red and the CT's Green, I used it when I first started playing CS. I think it was considered a Hack at most LANS. It took me a while to get use to the default skins in CS, but after a while you are able to spot who is a T and a CT, it just takes a little bit of time.... One thing you may want to do is when you place your cross hairs on a target, glace at the color of the script that pops up under the name, if it’s RED, Shoot it... :)

P.S. " This dose not help close up... only far away...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM
It will be hard to find player skins for CS:Source. I would suggest turning up the brightness on your monitor and turning up the ingame gamma.

SnAkEbItE
March 24th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Also one of the things I had to teach myself was to watch the radar, if i see someone moveing and it isn't a blip on my radar I shoot it's that simple. Then again if it's certian people that's on my team I may shoot anyway. I allways say it's easier to say sorry than to sit waiting for round to end. :)

HENK
March 24th, 2005, 08:38 AM
i wear pink for u widow :)
i agree with ill,brightness should be pretty much all the way up ,and then try to find a good gamma setting.but something else comes to my mind FOCUS,thats still the most important thing and i think focus and widow just contradict each other .i never use shadows or the radar to make anything out ,i just run and keep looking in all directions and shoot at everything that moves,works fine most of the time,oh yeah and the coloured name tag help a lot on long distance shots.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 11:05 AM
…Woman, we're not line dancing we're killing each other.
You obviously haven’t seen me play. I’m line dancing.

LOL this is a furrny thread...
Hey Widow, in 1.4 and 1.5 there was Red and Green guys mod that made all the T's Red and the CT's Green, I used it when I first started playing CS. I think it was considered a Hack at most LANS. It took me a while to get use to the default skins in CS, but after a while you are able to spot who is a T and a CT, it just takes a little bit of time.... One thing you may want to do is when you place your cross hairs on a target, glace at the color of the script that pops up under the name, if it’s RED, Shoot it... :)
P.S. " This dose not help close up... only far away...
Thank you YellowDog. I don’t know what to try next. The first thing I tried (around Christmas) was the brightness and gamma. No good. I’ve been playing for about 5 months and I rely heavily on the color of the script to know who is who. Problem is, I get my head shot off before I get that far! When I get the time to aim at the other guy, he gets more than enough time to blast me. I’m trying to find something that will cut down on my reaction time IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY! Everyone has told me not to worry about shooting a teammate, but that’s true until you actually shoot one…lol Who need health lost to a noob? Any suggestions? I thought the skin change would work well, but I don’t want to hack and I don’t want to get used to something that won’t help me in the long run. Man, I would SO love to put a red hat on the other team!

i wear pink for u widow :)
i agree with ill,brightness should be pretty much all the way up ,and then try to find a good gamma setting.but something else comes to my mind FOCUS,thats still the most important thing and i think focus and widow just contradict each other .i never use shadows or the radar to make anything out ,i just run and keep looking in all directions and shoot at everything that moves,works fine most of the time,oh yeah and the coloured name tag help a lot on long distance shots.
Oh henk, well you would just be the cutest thing in a pink dress! Sweet!! Hmm, focus? Maybe Adult ADD isn’t the thing to have…lol…or Vodka! One thing that you do that I’ve tried to get used to is to constantly move. I can NEVER hit you and I wish you could hear me yelling “Stand Still You Bastage”.

Everyone is agreeing on the brightness and gamma so I’ll try adjusting again. On my screen, both teams are muted colors and I have to squint and look close (except for white) to see a difference.. Thank everyone! I like being the worst about as much as any of you would. I gotta do something about this travesty. Hacking the stats was only mildly amusing but I got a kick out of placing henk last!

One last thing. I NEVER look at the radar. I get killed when I do. Is it that necessary?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 24th, 2005, 11:09 AM
what video card do you have? what video settings are you using when you go into the game menu and the video tab >> advanced

HENK
March 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
sry, Henk, I hit the wrong button. -goose

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
what video card do you have? what video settings are you using when you go into the game menu and the video tab >> advanced
Attached is a screeny of the game settings. Is my vid card NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200? Did I get the right one?

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Goose you are the man!

lmao, privaledges revoked!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I could recommend some settings to make your game run smoother if you would like to try them. You should still increase the brightness and gamma until you can see the models well.

HENK
March 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk
Goose you are the man!

lmao, privaledges revoked!!!!!!!!!"

well this way widow is never gonna know about the secrets of cs.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM
well this way widow is never gonna know about the secrets of cs Ya!!! **** GOOSE HAX ****

I could recommend some settings....Wellllllllll, I'll Take It!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
']Attached is a screeny of the game settings. Is my vid card NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200? Did I get the right one?

Yes Widow, the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 is your card... I was playing source on a GeForce FX 4600 not to long ago. So basicly source should run fine on that card...Your settings are all marked with *, this means these are the recomended settings for your setup... Now Toby may have some good tweeks that you can try that may smooth out the game some for ya.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks YelloDog! I'll see what he's got as well as work on the brightness and gamma.

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to help...this is cool. Maybe I can work my way up to 134th on the list!!! WooHoo! lmao

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Oh ya...thanks Goose, for not deleting EVERYTHING! :)

What was it that you wrote henk?

LA_MERC_goose
March 24th, 2005, 08:19 PM
I remember something about pink spandex - that alone messed up my thought process

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 24th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I remember something about pink spandex...It was a pink dress! It's your own wishful thinking that put him in spandex!

HENK
March 25th, 2005, 09:33 AM
"I remember something about pink spandex...
It was a pink dress! It's your own wishful thinking that put him in spandex!"

hey hey im sure we can figure something out that satisfies both of you.
what i said was ,u might wanna also try to use a diff. mouse sensitivity ,maybe something low like 3.0 which makes aiming easier .i think that was it ,and yeah go practice!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I thought Spark was the pink dress wearing one. I'd ask him but since he is forever marked off my "someone to talk too or do things with" list, I can't.

P.S. He got on that list since Marching Club where once again I was out drinking with him and managed to really hurt myself. Woke up the next few mornings with a very large bruise on the hand, forearm, knee, and Buttox. Before some of you dirty minds get carried away it had to do with a banister incident at a hotel, wait. That just made it sound worse, lol. Well, at any rate, I have banned myself from going out with Spark. He is the spawn of Satan when out on the town. Has anyone heard from Satan lately, The last I heard of James it was 3:00 in the morning and he and I where wasted on Bourbon street. I left for the hotel and he vanished, (as most demons do at night), hehehehe.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 25th, 2005, 01:09 PM
hey hey im sure we can figure something out that satisfies both of you.
a pink spandex dress....on the floor. (the floor thing is for Andy)

I thought Spark was the pink dress wearing one.
Wasn't it red speedos?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 26th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Definately play with your mouse sensitivity settings because everyone reacts a little different. I read about some super awsome gamer who set his sensitivity on 20 so I changed mine that high. All that happened was I over reacted and couldn't hit anything. Now I'm at 10 which works for me, but EOB plays with it on like 3 or 4. So adjust it a play a few maps that way and see what happens.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 31st, 2005, 10:19 PM
I'm betting a lower setting would help. You should see me scramble (a lot) to target what's right in front of me!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 31st, 2005, 10:49 PM
Definately play with your mouse sensitivity settings because everyone reacts a little different. I read about some super awsome gamer who set his sensitivity on 20 so I changed mine that high. All that happened was I over reacted and couldn't hit anything. Now I'm at 10 which works for me, but EOB plays with it on like 3 or 4. So adjust it a play a few maps that way and see what happens.

I currently play at like 2.8 - 3.5 depends on my mood

HENK
April 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM
i always stay between 3.0 and 3.5 .

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
See Widow I told you to watch henk and op, they regularly pwn me and their settings are insanely low.

/starts to toy with settings under 4

LA_MERC_CS Widow
April 2nd, 2005, 02:38 AM
See Widow I told you to watch henk and op, they regularly pwn me and their settings are insanely low.
/starts to toy with settings under 4
No Kidding! If Henk logs in, I get this sinking feeling of doom. For as long as he plays, I'm dead in 30 seconds or so. Grrrr. AND NO, I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Omega_Prime
April 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
1.7 for me now....used to play at 2.0 but ive notice a better head shot ratio with the sens turned down.....when i first started playing i was at around 9 i think lol way to much

HENK
April 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
wow 1.7 ,i mean everyone plays differently but that just seems waaaaaaaaaay low.But do u lift up ur mouse alot?thats the only way i can see that working .

LA_MERC_CS Widow
April 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
1.7 for me now...
Really? That makes me happy! All of these numbers thrown about made me wonder what my sensitivity level was since I have not changed that yet. Turns out I have a 1.9! Am I on the right track?

HENK
April 3rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
"Turns out I have a 1.9! Am I on the right track?"
no ,wrong track ,start going higher .this explains alot ,i always thought u are just not paying attention since u move so super slow.remeber a couple of times, i was just running around u with a knife and u couldnt follow me .id say try 2.5 ,if thats too high go to 2.2 or 2.3 first ,maybe you are even someone that plays better on high sensitivity,try it out ,there is no recepy that works for everyone,but anything under 2.5 i cant see working bec u cant move fast enough no matter how u put it.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Here's the general theory behind the sensitivity Widow.

When your sensitivity is higher you move your mouse a shorter distance to get on target. A shorter distance means a faster reaction time to get on target.

But you kinda have a reaction distance built into you. Meaning when you see someone on the screen you move your hand a certain distance naturally, atleast I do. That's why most people here have suggested trying varying settings to see what fits you. Another thing to consider is how much mouse space you have at your desk. I have a pretty small space and my mouse pad is even smaller then my available space. So I need my sensitivity around 5 to move my crosshairs 180 degrees.

On a funny note I tried playing at 4 the other night and kept hitting my keyboard and the side of the pullout drawer my keyboard and mouse sit on. Talk about getting bushwhacked, I was picking up my mouse just to look 90 degrees. So I'm at 7ish right now to see what's what.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 4th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Im running at 6.5 and i still run out of space, I dont think my reaction time and distance has anything to do with my problem... I think I have a RETARED HAND.... :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 4th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I actually change mine around depending on what weapon I use.
Rifles=lower...need a steady hand for those far away shots.
mp5=higher... usually close quarters with this gun, so I need to be able to look around fast.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM
yeah I know Captain had it bound to change, he would have it at 2 for rifles and 8 for cq pistols.

MindWerks
April 4th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I think mine is set at 12. I play with an ultra high setting because I hate picking up the mouse when I'm fighting. It also gives me spider like reflexes and allows me to do 180's incase someone hits me from behind. It is totally the way to go, the only thing is that you need a really good mouse to play on the high sensitivity settings otherwise your cursor will jump around instead of scrolling smoothly. As you can imagine a jumping cursor makes placing targeted shots harder.

LA_MERC_Sabre
April 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM
3 all the time

HENK
April 4th, 2005, 01:42 PM
"yeah I know Captain had it bound to change, he would have it at 2 for rifles and 8 for cq pistols"

how do you do that ?i actually like playing the pistol with my regular fr but for an mp5 that would be great.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
April 4th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm, what to do? I have a small area for mouse movement, but I also have "the spaz effect". That's when you see your blood start to spatter about your feet and you go about your reactive movements with....gusto....out of nervousness and your cursor passes absolutely everything before you get your hand under control. In the course of the spaz episode, I die.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==