PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party tracking program

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Before I even get into this let's be clear about something. This is a 3rd party, self contained program and is NOT sactioned by Blizz. It is, in no uncertain terms a hack. Having said that, it does not have any negative effect on other players, uses only in game abilities and doesn't alter WoW in anyway.

What is does is consolidate built in coding into one program and allows you to track things in game. If youre a miner and click on your "find nodes" button, you will see them on your radar. Same for herbs, treasure and the like. You can see these things even if you dont have mining or herbalism (dunno why you would want to though). You can track humanoids or critters or whatever. All this program does is combine ALL the trackable mobs/objects into a small prog and lets any class track. Ive found it VERY useful for hunting elementals and most recently dragonkin. It's also helpful for dodging baddies if youre in an area above you skill level.

If youre a purist, by all means ignore this thread...even hate me in silence if you wish. I think if you give it a try you'll see its not that far from what Cosmos is as far as being a helper prob. It's completely nondetectable if youre worried about getting slammed...its all client side just like Cosmos.

You can grab it...here (http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/WoWTracking_v1n1n.5.zip )

STEPS:

Unzip it
Start up WoW and join server
Minimze WoW and start the .exe file for the tracker
Click on the things you'd like to track
Bring WoW back up...simple

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 21st, 2005, 11:12 AM
hmmm...so it allows any one that is not a hunter track humanoids? or only things that you can tract?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2005, 01:19 PM
It lets you track EVERYTHING in game...here is a list

Beasts
Dragonkin
Demons
Elementals
Giants
Undead
Humanoids
Critters
Herbs
Minerals
Treasure

You can track 1 at a time or as many as all at a time.

The only thing with this that could be abused is the track humanoids because it tracks other players not just NPCs. It opens the door for greifing. Imagine being a stealthed rogue tracking another player....scary.

This works REGARLESS of class or race. Im a human priest and can track any of the above things.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Reading the orginal post again, I changed it o make more sense...the line about hunters could be confusing.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
March 21st, 2005, 01:46 PM
It lets you track EVERYTHING in game....
chickens?

ig.deviant
March 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
pretty handy program...too bad im lvl 60 and dont really have a use for it unless i pick up a tradeskill

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==