PDA

View Full Version : tis' a very sad day

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 17th, 2005, 05:34 AM
NHL cancelled the season......:(

I totally blame the players for the cancellation of the season, but I blame the owners for letting the salaries and situation get to this point. Their business decisions are what led to this crap. I think the players should have taken what the owner's were willing to offer.

I'm going to cry....Lord Stanley's Cup will not be hoisted this year....it is a sad day indeed.

****sigh*******

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 17th, 2005, 06:25 AM
You should be sadder, espn.com's online poll showed 68% of respondees said they didnt't care. I have to say that I was one of those.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 17th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Ummm whats NHL???

LA_MERC_goose
February 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM
The National Hothead League

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 17th, 2005, 07:33 AM
That’s a crazy bold move though, all of the owners and community which use the profits wont get squat this year. It just proves my mentality that nobody should get that much money for carrying, hitting, catching, or kicking a ball.

For the most part I love high school and college sports because it's mostly about personal pride and the love of winning. Even that is getting murky now, students on our basketball team get full rides, tons of free palm pilots, computers, clothes, electronics... (You tell me how a football player, 3rd of 8 kids from Florida who couldn't afford college, drives around in a 2004 navigator with rims?) All for free... and they don’t even care about school or class. Then people join our army and put their lives on the line and get squat. It just makes no sense…

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 17th, 2005, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=LA_MERC_Dirge]You should be sadder, espn.com's online poll showed 68% of respondees said they didnt't care. I have to say that I was one of those.[/QUOTE

your vote doesn't really matter (hehehe) because you would have voted "i don't care" if the season would have started on time and there was no issues to speak of. Those polls are inaccurate to some extent. I do agree that most hockey fans are indifferent to the fact that there is no season, mostly because the issues are about greed. But you are not a hockey fan...so (sticks tongue out)......

just wait until the time comes around for baseballs' CBA, you can bet they will cancel a season or two over the same issues that the NHL is experiencing. the only difference is the amount of money the league will ask for...for MLB the caps will be much higher.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 17th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Holy Crap! the NHL is real? I thought somebody just made it up for a couple of movies like the Mighty Ducks or The Cutting Edge. So what happened? Emilio Estivez was requesting more money for his players?

haha j/k Sabre. when I was younger I was a big time MLB fan. have a ton of cards (a lot of Nolan Ryan's cards even back to the 70's) but when they went on strike and half a season got canceled because a majority of them were whining about their pay...I lost all respect for them and the league. Actually I think that made me loose respect for most professional sports (except Nascar, etc.)

LA_MERC_goose
February 17th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I'm with CO, Nascar and college is about the only thing I watch anymore.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM
is nascar a sport or just a bunch of guys driving around in circles chewing tobacco? hehehe

LA_MERC_goose
February 17th, 2005, 10:24 AM
It's a bunch of guys, and a few ladies, going around in circles for 500 miles at 190 miles an hour. And I don't think there are too many of the drivers chewin' 'baccy anymore, but good try. lol And yes, it is a sport. Racing is a sport and NASCAR is one of those upper level "leagues", just like F1, only different. If that makes any sense, let me know, cause then we got problems.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM
MMM Nascar!! It's all about the Number #8 It's JR wOO hOO..... Me love nascar!! Oh and I don't see it as a sport!!!

So NHL is Hockey?

LA_MERC_Drax
February 17th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Wait, hockey is played on ice right?? but what is this mythical ice stuff??

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
:dunno Umm I don't know...

cd
February 21st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Dragonlady']MMM Nascar!! It's all about the Number #8

I think I love you.

LA_MERC_Shadow
February 21st, 2005, 07:45 PM
what is this mythical ice stuff??

The only thing I know is it's the stuff that keeps the crown and coke cold.

}{y|3ri|)
February 22nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
ill show you ice... and damn i was actually planning to goto a Minn Wild game this year just because ive never been..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==