PDA

View Full Version : Two Corsair 512Mb ECC Reg DDR 400 RT of memory

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 2nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Not realizing the difference between registered and unbuffered Ram I bought two sticks of Corsair PC3200 DDR400 ECC Reg (for registered) RAM

Apparently my mobo doesn't support registered RAM. That's what Giga-byte told me. So I'm selling my two sticks for 100 a piece. The last one cost me 113 and the first one was 128, and they both work fine. In fact I'm using one of them now, which I complained about to Giga-byte becuase they said it doesn't support registered RAM but I can run one stick in DIMM1 but if I try to put the other into DIMM 2 (no go). I think they're lieing to me but I'm going to buy me another two sticks of Corsair "UNBUFFERED" PC3200 DDR 400 Ram and god help giga-byte if it doesn't work. I'm going to hurt some slant eyes.

Apocalypse
February 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
it's a scam, i'll pass!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 3rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
Well since I spent well over twice as much for the RAM as I did my mobo, I've decided to not sell the RAM and instead sell the mobo. So I have a Giga-Byte K8NS Pro mobo for sell. Very nice but make sure if you wawnt to run more than one stick of RAM you get the non registered, unbuffered RAM. That's what I get for buying the expensive registerd lower latency fantsy nice RAM thinking it would generate less problems.

LA_MERC_Drifter
February 3rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
How much for the mb Andy?

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
February 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Not realizing the difference between registered and unbuffered Ram I bought two sticks of Corsair PC3200 DDR400 ECC Reg (for registered) RAM

Apparently my mobo doesn't support registered RAM. That's what Giga-byte told me. So I'm selling my two sticks for 100 a piece. The last one cost me 113 and the first one was 128, and they both work fine. In fact I'm using one of them now, which I complained about to Giga-byte becuase they said it doesn't support registered RAM but I can run one stick in DIMM1 but if I try to put the other into DIMM 2 (no go). I think they're lieing to me but I'm going to buy me another two sticks of Corsair "UNBUFFERED" PC3200 DDR 400 Ram and god help giga-byte if it doesn't work. I'm going to hurt some slant eyes.

Must you be so un-PC???? :dunno

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
February 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Is the board AMD or Intel?

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 3rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
PC is for ****** :p

** edited by LA_MERC_i||ega|-op **

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
PC is for liberals and **** (not that there's anything wrong with that)
And it is an AMD Athlon 64 bit 754 pin board
Model is Giga-Byte GA-K8NS Pro
check it out www.giga-byte.com

** edited by LA_MERC_i||ega|-op **

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
February 4th, 2005, 07:35 AM
So your saying it's OK to make racist comments?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
February 4th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Ok, this thread is on the express lane south. Take it to PMs guys.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==