PDA

View Full Version : Win XP / CS 1.4 Conflict

[lag]DarkCuban
April 24th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Anyone else have a problem with XP and 1.4? I can't seem to make it work. I keep getting error reports when I try to play.:confused:

[lag]Zen
April 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Me too, I'm probably having the same problems that Cuban is having, but I havn't looked at it much.

I just installed everything yesterday and tried it once, but did no troubleshooting.

I will investigate more tonight.

SgtJeff
April 25th, 2002, 07:17 PM
I had some error message the first time I tried to log on. The next time and all others it worked....Dont know what happened but it working with XP for me!!!

[lag]Zen
April 26th, 2002, 01:40 PM
I think I figured out what the problem was, it kept saying there was an error within hl.exe. I ran disk doctor, and win doctor a couple of times to fix some active X control problems and it is running fine now.

Vicious, the windows acceleration problem will go away in XP if you give your mouse and keyboard high priority in the task manager, and disable mouse acceleration on your mouse.

I use to have that problem, but now mine doesn't do it. But I just turned down my sound hardware processing to low and that fixed my problem. But the other solution will fix yours.

[lag]Zen
April 27th, 2002, 08:12 PM
No the keyboard should be like TYPE32 and the mouse POINT32, don't set them to real time, but High. That should do it.

All you are really doing is telling Windows to give your mouse and keyboard priority over you sound processing and half-life game.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 1st, 2002, 10:26 PM
Joel, Windows XP is far better than 98, lol. I have had windows XP Pro installed for a long time now and not one hickup. My downloads and software run 20 times better. I run high end CAD programs like Pro-Engineer and have truly seen how XP is the KING hands down. All OS will have problems for some people. The trick is staying with it and knowing how to run it. You may be great with 98 for now becasue you've had it so long you know all its ins and outs. Give XP a chance and you will see.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==