PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of WoW

}{y|3ri|)
January 19th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Figured id upload some screenshots of my character and some interesting situations:

}{y|3ri|)
January 19th, 2005, 10:53 PM
few more

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM
I just started playing. Are you still having fun with it?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM
By interesting situations, you are of course referring to being burned alive by a dragon, right?

Cool screens, though. And, I KNEW you would have to work a tiger in there somewhere...rawr!

}{y|3ri|)
January 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
dude that tiger is my pet and he pwns!!

and widow the only problem i have with wow is the servers atm... they cant handle the mass amount of people that are wanting to play and untill they upgrade MAJORLY there are going to be some issues with gameplay.

Yes im still having fun. =-)

Uther
January 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Cool pics. Is the big end game PVP? How is PVP being handled? Is there like a PVP zone and the rest is a PvM zone.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Cool pics. Is the big end game PVP? How is PVP being handled? Is there like a PVP zone and the rest is a PvM zone.

Widow and I are on a East Coast server and we would be playing late night in Cali so not a huge issue there. Our server is PACKED but I only get AH and mail lag in IF...nowhere else.

As for end game, its not just PvP. There are SEVERAL instances that will require HUGE raid groups (a raid group is several 5 man groups working one objective) to survive. So there is lots of stuff to do at 60...for now.

PvP works a few ways. I'm on a PvP server so anytime in a contested area I'm open to attack at all times. Contested areas start around level 20 or so. On PvE servers you can only be attacked when you put your PvP flag up. There are contested areas that favor both sides so you can still level past 20 in relative saftey if you want. Ive been out hunting PvP the last 2 nights and having a blast. There is no real penalty for dying in the game. You just have to walk back to your corpse (which can be a long walk at times) but nothing else. If you res at the graveyard you take a 25% decay to all equipt items. Yo can have those repaired easily at an NPC but it gets expensive after awhile.

roXet
January 20th, 2005, 12:32 PM
here's a new pic of my NE Priest.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 20th, 2005, 12:51 PM
...and widow the only problem i have with wow is the servers atm... they cant handle the mass amount of people that are wanting to play and untill they upgrade MAJORLY there are going to be some issues with gameplay.
Yes im still having fun. =-)
I'm glad to hear it. I remember when SWG was packed...Bria especially. I liked it better that way. Now it's like being alone on a deserted planet. With my WoW character, it seems very basic...but ,mind you, I'm only in the newby area. I'm curious to see how involved it gets. It must get good if it hold everyone's attention here. Thank you for getting back to me }{y|3ri|). (took me 5 dang minutes to get your name typed right...ha!

Widow

roXet
January 20th, 2005, 01:07 PM
i never lag!! muahahahahaha!!!

}{y|3ri|)
January 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
(took me 5 dang minutes to get your name typed right...ha!

Widow

copy/paste is your friend ;)

roxet got the wizzard hat!!!

LA_MERC_Mercy
January 20th, 2005, 01:33 PM
here are a few of mine

roXet
January 20th, 2005, 01:50 PM
the wiz hat rocks. it's got 17 freakin Int on it and I got the thing for like 20s off the AH. I love finding auctions that have "short" left and havn't been bid on =)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 20th, 2005, 02:27 PM
A Tauren engineer??? Strange....

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
*preface* "I really don't understand the fascination with this game and others like it. I am willing to learn. Can someone tell me why it appeals to so many and what the goal is? As I see it, it is *play... level up... level up... I can whoop you... This is getting boring...*

No offense to anyone, just curious.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 20th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I said the same thing about SWG Dirge. I swore...NEVER would I pay to play. Ya know what? They are very consuming. You are living another life in them. You have total control over what your character becomes. In it's most simplistic form it is kill...level...kill...level...get new gear...kill...level. There is alot more to it but I can't really put my finger on exactly WHAT that is. With SWG, there were a TON of options as to what you could be or do in the game. Fighter, crafter, merchant, now with Jump to Lightspeed, a pilot...so many things. With WoW, being a brand new game, that level of options just isnt there yet but will be added (in some form) later on. The games are always evolving (sometimes for the worse). Some people are level *****s and just grind for that next level. Me, I'm a "what can I squeeze out of this area" player. I'm always looking for an angle on how I can exploit (within the game perameters) situations. Thats why I've posted the money making strats. I LOVE stuff like that. Money means alot less in WoW then in SWG because the economy (yes there is a full blown economy) is relatively stable. There aren't any real "haves" and "have nots" like in SWG. Sorry if Im getting to detailed.

At the LAN I'll sit you down with a brand new toon and let you experience a MMORPG for yourself. That way you'll at least have some insight into the game even if you dont like it.

aCiD
January 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
This game is by far the best MMORPG i have ever played. It gets better every day, like today for example. Me and EOB were in lakeshire just hunting some quest characters, and EOB says "Ah, a 56 Mage" he was horde of course but he kept running so we were like "phew" btw we've started over 20 times and finally found a good server and has NEVER had a down'd AH :P.. im 22 and bds at 23.. Hes a Rogue im a Paladin.. ANYWAY, we see the mage run by.. keep hunting, a few seconds later you hear a fire ball coming at us, i looked north a little and he got off his mouth and shot eob with his fireball, i was screw this im out! so i casted some Block spell that makes me immune to everything and run, brandon gets shot alot by the fireball and dies, soon after the mage gets on his mount and catches up to me and freezes me in place and beats the crap out of me, anyway, i heal myself up and just start swinging, stuned him, and just tried to stay alive, about.. 5secs later, i was dead too :P but i dont care about dieing PVP, it just makes the game so much more fun with PVP because you never know when you might get attacked..

LA_MERC_Onji
January 21st, 2005, 06:58 AM
aCiD']This game is by far the best MMORPG i have ever played. It gets better every day, like today for example. Me and EOB were in lakeshire just hunting some quest characters, and EOB says "Ah, a 56 Mage" he was horde of course but he kept running so we were like "phew" btw we've started over 20 times and finally found a good server and has NEVER had a down'd AH :P.. im 22 and bds at 23.. Hes a Rogue im a Paladin.. ANYWAY, we see the mage run by.. keep hunting, a few seconds later you hear a fire ball coming at us, i looked north a little and he got off his mouth and shot eob with his fireball, i was screw this im out! so i casted some Block spell that makes me immune to everything and run, brandon gets shot alot by the fireball and dies, soon after the mage gets on his mount and catches up to me and freezes me in place and beats the crap out of me, anyway, i heal myself up and just start swinging, stuned him, and just tried to stay alive, about.. 5secs later, i was dead too :P but i dont care about dieing PVP, it just makes the game so much more fun with PVP because you never know when you might get attacked..

sweet, this is what i like, everyone share their cool stories with us please!?

MindWerks
January 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
LOL, I didn't do the PVP server. I might eventually, but I don't see that aspect as fun as much as annoying. You don't get anything from doing it (so I never do) and clearing out an area just to have a mob of PVP characters swoop in kill you and jack your chest would just piss me off.

Maybe I'll play around with it someday. But the regular servers are much more fun and the PVP there is more my style anyway (well it will be when they put the battle grounds in).

Uther
January 21st, 2005, 12:03 PM
Acid that is what I liked about these games when I first started with Ultima Online. The idea that you could be in the woods and be jumped by some PKs(player killers). That not knowing if it was safe or not. Then going to a town and getting a group together to hunt the PK's

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
werd Uther....PvP can be annoying at times but just stay in contested areas that are dominated by your race. Its really not hat hard to do till about mid 40s. Each continent has contested areas that are pretty much ruled by one race or the other simply because of the way the capitol cities are distributed. That doesn't mean you won't the others there. I was in Northshire (lvl 1-3 human area) with Robyn last night night when a 40 Undead warlock taps me on the shoulder and challenges me to a duel. I was like WTF?!? Im only a 30 and knew I was toast but I went for it anyway. I was beating up really good and he was letting me. My confidence drained from me when I realized what he was doing....He knew I couldn't kill him (without ALOT of luck) so he let me burn my mana pool to almost nothing. Everything I tried didn't work. Shackle wouldn't work because of his level and you can't fear undead so I stood there beating on him with my wand. I don't think he ralized that I was using my wand because he almost went down before he popped a health potion. Im pretty sure he was waycjing my mana and not his health. Anyways, he fears me and proceeds beat the hell out of me. Then out of nowhere, like a knight in shinning armor comes a lvl 40 something on his mount and runs this guy off...MY HERO!!!

Uther
January 21st, 2005, 01:09 PM
Think me and the wife will try to find a copy of it tonight. I just cant seem to get into EQ2.

roXet
January 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM
CFH, just for future refrence. Shackle didn't work on that guy because he isn't classified as "undead" any more, "the forsaken" are now humanoid.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 21st, 2005, 10:48 PM
CFH, just for future refrence. Shackle didn't work on that guy because he isn't classified as "undead" any more, "the forsaken" are now humanoid.

LAME!!! So not only can I not fear undead PCs I cant shackle either?? WTF is that?
Thanks for the info though....GRRR!!

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 22nd, 2005, 01:52 AM
Somebody take the sugar away from MindWerks jiggly kid!!!!!!

roXet
January 22nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
you can fear them. They have to use their fear immunity ability, and I think it has a pretty big cooldown.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==