PDA

View Full Version : Firewall / Router configure for WoW?

}{y|3ri|)
January 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Hey guys, heather and i keep gettin disconnected, and i dont know if its due to server lag, comcast sucking, or if my linksys G wireless router is messing it up.

Any of you guys had to change any settings?

}{y|3ri|)
January 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
blizzard has made a great game, but man they need to work on thier servers bad...

MindWerks
January 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I've never gotten over a 300ms ping AT WORST, usually it's around 36 or 56. I wonder if the problem is only on certain servers.

My bet is the wireless connection is giving you touble. I never had good luck playing any game over a wireless connection for long. Eventually at somepoint I would always get dropped. It annoyed me so much that I said screw the wireless and bought a 200 foot ethernet cable and ran it to my PC. Now I have no problems. LOL

sgt.cam
January 20th, 2005, 08:34 AM
go to 192.168.1.1 under the game tab enable the upnp

}{y|3ri|)
January 20th, 2005, 08:35 AM
i dont use the wireless when i play, it just has wireless option

LA_MERC_Maverick
January 20th, 2005, 11:54 AM
do you get disconnected after doing something in particular?

}{y|3ri|)
January 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM
well when heather and i where playing last night it seemed that we got disconected randomly, like one time we were attacking, another time i was looting.

LA_MERC_Maverick
January 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM
one thing that fixed alot of my errors is disabling the CHECKSUM on your network card. There was a Bliz FAQ about "unknown entity" issues with this fix listed, but it fixed my "Error 132" and "disconnected from server" issues when completing quests. I dont know if this will help you, but it might be something worth checking out.

}{y|3ri|)
January 20th, 2005, 01:12 PM
thats just the thing, im not gettin any errors.. my laptop will lose its connection and just say "you have been disconnected" but my desktop will just stay in that "able to move around but locked in the looting or attacking position pose" untill i ctrl-alt-del end task.

very frustrating

MindWerks
January 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I've been stuck in the crouched/looting position before, you have to log out and in to fix it. That's a known bug with Blizzard. I've only had it happen when I was collecting herbs with my priest.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==